Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by the dealer ysterday to make an appointment to have the alarm checked out (the turn signals blink continuously after closing the car and then the alarm goes off on its own after a while). I mentioned I may as well get it serviced & the service guys looked at each other & exclaimed, "Hmmm...you might be due for the 2 year service at this point!" SO naturally I asked what that entailed.

"In the 2 year service we check and change fluids as needed and perform other checks to make sure everything is OK".

Sounded normal to me. "How much is that?" I asked.

"It's a little over $2100."

I don't mind paying to upkeep the Maser, provided I'm not getting ripped off. Is this what everyone else is paying for their maintenance?

Steve

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's almost exactly what I was quoted and "would have" paid. When I bought mine, it was ready for a 2 year service and I got them to do it before hand. They had the previous owner pay for it. I've got all the maintenance records of what was done if you're interested.

·
Registered
513 Posts
$2200??....jeez! are you also reffering to the 18500 mile service?

I was told the 18.5k service does an oil, filter change, and a lookover, however was told it should cost about $500.

could you list what was done during your service?

·
Registered
22 Posts
:(

It cost me nearer $4500 (3000UKP) by the time the clutch was replaced, a clutch release bearing replaced plus the service. This can be an expensive service expecially for a CC model.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Am scheduled to have it done next week. The first service (oil change) was $500.

·
Registered
252 Posts
sjp3003 said:
Am scheduled to have it done next week. The first service (oil change) was $500.
$500? Sounds high. My first service (and last) cost was 282.23, which included oil change and the normal service inspection of fluids, tire pressure, torque wheel bolts and so on

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just picked it up. The final tally: $2100 as follows...

$1300 Labor and $616 in parts plus tax & shop materials. All fluids (oil, brake, gear box diff, power steering, a/c refrigerant, coolant) and filters (oil, air, pollen) were replaced.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Just had 3 year service on CC coupe from UK dealer.
Cost was £1000 all in. Car is running noticably sweeter.
The dealer tells me their normal labour rate is £95/hr!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Had my 6000 mile service , although I had only 800 miles on the car, I just bought it and wasn't certain of its history. Cost me $633.xx. They included changing the brake fluid and an ECU update.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Forget that, I'll do my own service maybe $200 in parts.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I haven't had mine in for maintenance yet, but I was told oil+filter changes around $200 and clutch replacement $2500-3000.

I'm not sure what the expected Cambiocorsa clutch life is, they said they've done them as early as 15,000 and have seen some cars at 25,000 on original clutch. I expect how much you use auto mode and drive slowly on hills will affect it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Clutch Wear

I have posted this before but the Cambiocorsa apparently tells the tech what the clutch wear is.

At 34,000 miles, my 03 Coupe had 25% wear (75% remaining) according to my dealer.

I drive in Sport mode all the time, accelerate full throttle all the time and have done track days. My car never sees auto mode except the few times my wife takes the car.

Just FYI but I am not getting much clutch wear at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
11 Participants
mvarat
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing