Maserati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Oh god, why couldn't the QP be designed by Maserati and built by Lexus.
I've been in love with it for the longest time. Just love the design and V8 sound.
Honestly think it looks waaaaaaaaay better than the current one.
I finally had the time to go to a local used car dealer.
Red car only 40k miles. I turn it on and it sounds awesome.
Now to the driving part...the left stalk for lights were loose and making an annoying chatter while driving and the paddle shifters feel cheap.
The center console plastics were splitting. The glove box was loose.
I left being very disappointed. Just wanted to share...
Are these common problems?
Well, still driving my '09 daily, but have to agree she's ugly inside due to sticky plastics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My only mechanical gripes with my 2009 are juddery windows (Silicon WD40 solved that) and cam shaft variators. Otherwise it's marvellous.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey OP. This car isn't for you - You obviously don't "get it" please register at your local Audi forum. Cya.

·
Registered
39 Posts
One of the biggest disservices that Doug Demuro on Youtube did for Maserati was to review a beat up, low-spec (Not even Sport GT S) QP. If you compare his video with the one from Top gear where they compared the QP with Porsche and Aston Martin, you will see he missed every important mark that an enthusiast would care about. Simply because Doug isn't one, he likes "gizmos and gadgets" and unfortunately I think the OP is just like Doug.

Good luck.

·
Registered
142 Posts
One of the biggest disservices that Doug Demuro on Youtube did for Maserati was to review a beat up, low-spec (Not even Sport GT S) QP. If you compare his video with the one from Top gear where they compared the QP with Porsche and Aston Martin, you will see he missed every important mark that an enthusiast would care about. Simply because Doug isn't one, he likes "gizmos and gadgets" and unfortunately I think the OP is just like Doug.

Good luck.
Indeed,

here is my rebuttal to Doug's review:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I forgot he reviewed an older model too, man. What a doofus. He totally screwed it up and never apologized for reviewing an older, lowest spec car that he found off that lame Toro website where you can rent a random car from people near you. He could have found a much much better and newer car from someone in California if he just spent 5 minutes searching. He just didn't even try. His review was a total setup and scam job. Really annoying and maybe more so, disappointing of his integrity, or lack of one.

Great rebuttal video and thanks for taking the time to make it when you did.

This is one of the best cars I've ever had, and it's not like i'm trying to pump it up. Not like the value will go up because little ol' me said so.

Cheers

·
Registered
39 Posts
Many years ago - I watched this movie (Highly recommended) and fell in love with the QP. Eventually, I bought one the highest spec car I could find at great discount. Greatest decision I ever made.

Wait for 1:15

·
Registered
142 Posts
I forgot he reviewed an older model too, man. What a doofus. He totally screwed it up and never apologized for reviewing an older, lowest spec car that he found off that lame Toro website where you can rent a random car from people near you. He could have found a much much better and newer car from someone in California if he just spent 5 minutes searching. He just didn't even try. His review was a total setup and scam job. Really annoying and maybe more so, disappointing of his integrity, or lack of one.

Great rebuttal video and thanks for taking the time to make it when you did.

This is one of the best cars I've ever had, and it's not like i'm trying to pump it up. Not like the value will go up because little ol' me said so.

Cheers
In general, I like Doug DeMuro. I think the biggest factor in his bias for this particular model was if he had spent $120-$130k new and it had these issues. But you simply don't get a busted-up car from Turo and use that review to be indicative of all the cars.

I think for whatever reason he really hated this car and wanted to do a hit piece.

·
Registered
712 Posts
In fact when you had the chance to test and drive all the super/hyper cars of the planet, a generic four door sallon car even if the brand name is Maserati means literally nothing to him. No thrilling.

Despite the fact he found a busted-up car, I believe he was initially negative about this car: "...a 2 tons old looking car made for old men drivers...who is going to buy it...."

·
Registered
142 Posts
In fact when you had the chance to test and drive all the super/hyper cars of the planet, a generic four door sallon car even if the brand name is Maserati means literally nothing to him. No thrilling.

Despite the fact he found a busted-up car, I believe he was initially negative about this car: "...a 2 tons old looking car made for old men drivers...who is going to buy it...."
Yeah, I agree he did seem to have a bone to pick...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm glad the QP5 gets a bad rap, saved me thousands when I bought my second one...:)

For those who haven't been lucky enough to enjoy one in person and are turned off by Doug's lousy review, they will never know what their missing and that's fine by me.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm glad the QP5 gets a bad rap, saved me thousands when I bought my second one...:)

For those who haven't been lucky enough to enjoy one in person and are turned off by Doug's lousy review, they will never know what their missing and that's fine by me.
Well said!!! I agree completely!

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts

Yeah but now that I own one, I want it to be the next Porsche 911, where guys are paying $40K for 25 year old 200K milers...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm currently searching for a '12-'13 QP GTS, and I'm wondering about the connectivity of it, it's a car with an older design after all. Is it possible to connect a USB drive and play music off it? Does it have a USB in the back as well? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
The point is Doug has millions of views so he can manipulate opinions.

We know the truth because we are owners.

How many we are? 1000? 2000? 3000?

Nothing vs millions of viewers.....
I still highly doubt that his opinion influences anything whatsoever. Millions of viewers doesn't mean millions of buyers. This was discussed in an earlier thread and I noted how the opinionated vocal majority rarely communicates effectively with the buying silent minority. BaT is a perfect example - there are the commenters and the buyers. The commenters rarely buy and the buyers rarely comment.

Finally, keep in mind that in 1995, I bought a fully-optioned, low mileage 1985 Maserati QPIII, with far fewer made and a much higher inflation-adjusted MSRP than the QPV for a mere $6,500.00. 10 years ealier, it had a $88K sticker with the options and only a 12 month warranty. That's $212,572 in today's dollars. This was before Doug Demuro and YouTube or any forum. Maserati is no stranger to depreciation and it won't stop here.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm looking currently searching for a '12-'13 QP GTS, and I'm wondering about the connectivity of it, it's a car with an older design after all. Is it possible to connect a USB drive and play music off it? Does it have a USB in the back as well? Thanks!
Hello Ameer. It does have a USB connection but not for music (I know very lame) - no USB in the back.

I do highly recommend though the NaviPlus upgrade. This allows you to use Android Auto/Apple CarPlay without disturbing the original system (which has a lot of stuff that is linked to the car) - it is an overlay.

No USB in the back.

Finally, may I recommend the 2013s (They have slightly more power) and are probably the 'best' of the breed.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts