Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am about to but a 2004 Manual 6 spd with 12k miles ; test drove today; the tires are gone! what do you guys like? the dealer showed me brand new cars that all came with different tires; does maserati not like one OEM brand or is it a special "buy"?

·
Registered
76 Posts
the dealer showed me brand new cars that all came with different tires; does maserati not like one OEM brand or is it a special "buy"?
Most of them come with Pirelli PZero which i find are excellent dry weather tires, i have them on my Maserati GT and had them on my 997 Porsche Carrera S

But they told me that the factory has to see what's on the market and what the manufactures are able to deliver... i did indeed finding new Pzero tires very difficult

·
Registered
47 Posts
Depends on what you want from a tire. I value good wet and dry traction, but also good ride quality and low noise. I recently chose Michelin PS-2s. I've used these tires on Porsches and AMGs and like them, but have no objective way to compare them with other tires.

See the Tire Rack's survey data and tests. Keep in mind that the survey data are just opinions of drivers, albeit very many drivers.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Never buy the continentals, they are not only ugly (they have a way to large part sticking out for protection) but when you go on really high speeds (290km/h or 180 mph wich i did with p-zero and with continentals on a public highway in germany) they start to smell bad, i didn't felt safe with continentals above 250km/h (155mph)

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Am about to but a 2004 Manual 6 spd with 12k miles ; test drove today; the tires are gone! what do you guys like? the dealer showed me brand new cars that all came with different tires; does maserati not like one OEM brand or is it a special "buy"?
Michelin Pilot Sport 2's, with the OEM tread style (more of a summer/high performance tread pattern).

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have had a lot of luck with Hankook tires over the past few years on some of my cars. The tires look good and wear well and they have a pretty wide range of sport and racing tires at reasonable prices.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I purchased a 2004 coupe from the dealer with Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D2 tires. The tires have excellent grip and are terrific in the rain. Don't try them on snow as they will not move the car even an inch. I do believe they are rated one of best choices in most of the car magazines and by tire rack. I have a cambio corsa transmission and with skyhook. I am planning on lowering the car and have purchased new springs from formula dynamics. I have also changed the air filter. See http://www.formuladynamics.com/street-track.php

1 - 7 of 7 Posts