Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I took a test drive at the Palm Beach Maserati.Currently I have a 2006 QP Due select and I wanted to see how the auto trans. is on the GT. So when I got there they had a black GT-S with red interior and 100 miles on it and a light blue with dark blue interior GT. Drove the GT first and I wasn't happy with it at all. It seems to me that it didn't have power and tourqe compare with my QP, and I think that the automatic trans. make you lose a lot of power. The Gt had a sticker price of 126K. The GT-S is a different story. The sticker price was $140K, F-1 trans. of course and this car is a dream. The power is unreal and the mufflers noise is out of this world. I fell in love with it!
I think that even though most of you here prefer the auto ZF trans. you will give a lot on the preformance side to have the smooth shifting and no clutch issues.
The difference between the 2 cars I drove was 14K and I think it's a no brainer to go for the GT-S, not only because it's so much better and agressive, but because it is one of 300 made for 2009 and it will keep it's value much better as a rare car.
As of for me, I know that my next one will not be with automatic trans.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. It has about 100 miles on it and they use it if someone wants a test drive, but they told me it's not a demo. So I think that you will pay the sticker for it which is 140K.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I think that even though most of you here prefer the auto ZF trans.
You are thinking of some other forum - most people here are hard core F1/CC fans.

and I think it's a no brainer to go for the GT-S, not only because it's so much better and agressive, but because it is one of 300 made for 2009 and it will keep it's value much better as a rare car.
Um, yeah, no.

·
Vendor
4,731 Posts
FWIW, our DBWEM for the Automatic Quattroporte and GranTurismo makes a big difference. We have a few dealers that have found this out and installed these on the left over GT's to help get them moving as they'd heard similar complaints on test drives from customers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts