Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was given a personal invitation and tonight I had the opportunity to drive a very beautiful black on black coupe at F of SF.

What a beautiful car.

I feels and handles extremely well and did not feel like a big car. Lots of beautiful engine noise, and it smells fabulous within with all the Italian leather.

I really like the car and seriously thinking about going for it.

I do not like the 20" wheels with the 35 series tires, however. I think it's better with 19" rims and 40 series tires. I would not go for the 20's for sure.

Shifts fabulously well, handles like a dream, but not sure about the braking. I think they should bite a bit better than what I was feeling which seems to be the sentiment of a few reviewers.

It's spunky and you can see how it's geard to keep up the revs in lower gears. However, at 60 MPH it's turning 2,200 RPM in 6th gear which is decent.

It's hard to feel the shifting because the gearbox is so smooth.

It's a beauty of a car, and now you can get "blue" calipers along with the other standard colors.

It's a definite 2 thumbs up!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yeppers!!!

Thanks for the review... I am going to wait a couple years and pick up a good used one... This is something my wife could drive in traffic and that would just be perfect....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Why don't you like the 20" rims. I placed my order with Birdcage 20". I thought it looked more aggressive with 20" rims. BTW my dealer told me that they have increased their allocations to 3 cars per month, so if I 'm lucky I may get mine by March or April.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why don't you like the 20" rims. I placed my order with Birdcage 20". I thought it looked more aggressive with 20" rims. BTW my dealer told me that they have increased their allocations to 3 cars per month, so if I 'm lucky I may get mine by March or April.
The 20's gave a bit of a harsh ride and seemed to have an odd effect on the front end steering.

Our roads in NorCal are pretty poor, and 20" rims are going to get destroyed. I have 19's on my 360 and I have plenty of problems with those let alone 20".

As to allocation, I don't think any car manufacturers are having a rush to buy. Maserati has a great story to get one to commit to a purchase, but I don't buy it.

I think availability will be substantial by early Spring.

As to the newness of the car, I think I'll wait to see how it shakes out. I don't buy the first model year of a car as I don't have the patience to be a test case. My 03' CL500 has been enough of a test case, it's certainly not the first model production year of that series, and I have no more patience for what I have been experiencing with that car. That's why I have sued them under the CA lemon law statute.

The Gran Turismo is a very nice car but I just did not get that "I should buy this" feeling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts