Maserati Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Drove off this morning and within a couple of minutes I felt the seat warm up . Checked the screen menu's seats readout, and it showed the setting at 0 . Then for a second or so, there was a sub-screen which appeared and flashed the seat setting at 1, then 0, then again. So I pulled over, thinking that maybe I touched that seat control with my foot when I entered the car, and perhaps moved it just a bit between 0 and 1. I checked it out, but it was firmly at 0 . Anyway, just for the heck of it, I moved it to 1 and then back again at 0. Drove off again, and the seat never warmed up at all during the 45 min drive to work. So no idea what could have set that gremlin off but seems it resolved itself :unsure:
I had similar experiences with other features I chalk up to being Italian … The NCM takes a nap sometimes and my steering wheel stays in the upper exit position Then it’s a crap shoot when it remembers to lower it to my driver setting … lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
My 2014 GT Convertible has done that intermittently for years with two different seat-selector modules. It is weight/pressure related, because sliding toward the passenger side in the seat, or lifting up on the module from the bottom seems to correct it. Plus, I've lost much weight during the past two years and it almost never happens now.

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
My 2014 GT Convertible has done that intermittently for years with two different seat-selector modules. It is weight/pressure related, because sliding toward the passenger side in the seat, or lifting up on the module from the bottom seems to correct it. Plus, I've lost much weight during the past two years and it almost never happens now.
Makes perfect sense, the controls cover moves with the seat every time you get in, or out ,or shift positions. Eventually, I suppose the contacts may be just loose enough to react to some of the motions.. :unsure:
I broke and knocked that cover off its fasteners ( twice ..) hitting it with my foot while getting in the car, which is one thing that annoys the heck out of me because I have to be so careful every time I get in, I look like a cirque du soleil contortionist when I enter the car 🤨😣

·
Registered
9 Posts
Drove off this morning and within a couple of minutes I felt the seat warm up . Checked the screen menu's seats readout, and it showed the setting at 0 . Then for a second or so, there was a sub-screen which appeared and flashed the seat setting at 1, then 0, then again. So I pulled over, thinking that maybe I touched that seat control with my foot when I entered the car, and perhaps moved it just a bit between 0 and 1. I checked it out, but it was firmly at 0 . Anyway, just for the heck of it, I moved it to 1 and then back again at 0. Drove off again, and the seat never warmed up at all during the 45 min drive to work. So no idea what could have set that gremlin off but seems it resolved itself :unsure:
Had the same problem with my 2014 GT. Took it apart and cleaned everything, put everything back together and it never happened again. Cost nothing but an hour or less of your time if you are handy. If you lean on the left side of,the seat it will move from off to 1 and then back to 0 again.. it’s just a lose wire.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Screw that, I’m done throwing money at non essential things. I like the fuse pull better
Works great, lol.
So did this, in my case. Give a couple sprays, work the switch back and forth for about 30 seconds, then let dry for about 20 mins.
Hand Liquid Fluid Plant Finger

21 - 26 of 26 Posts