Maserati Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve been looking into the S and GTs models for awhile now and I understand the dual rectangular rounded exhaust is the big indicator for it being a sport gts along with the large shift paddles and the “sport GTS” on the passenger side.

Does it say sport gts model as well in the carfax? I’m looking at one right now that’s got one the 3 above along with the S in the carfax. Any other signs? Perhaps just having to test drive and see if it holds the gears at redline?

·
Registered
2010 Maserati QP GTS
56 Posts
Just look inside the cabin, or a photo of the cabin, just at the glove box. The Sport GT S script will be clear to you as seen in this image inside my QP Sport GT S.
Car Automotive design Automotive exterior Personal luxury car Font

·
Registered
2010 Maserati QP GTS
56 Posts
Perhaps you may now need to check the VIN number and decode the specific details for that vehicle.
There are free on-line decoding guides and paid versions. There are country specific decodings too. There is also a guide at the Maserati dot com website.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Some GTS items are: Oversized shift paddles. The pleats on the seats and door panels are different, instead of a straight line they have a wave/curve to them. The driver's display has a dynamic shift indicator in the digital display. Normally the GTS does not have the skyhook suspension, but I have seen a couple that were specially ordered with it. I think also the headlights are tinted in many cases.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Some GTS items are: Oversized shift paddles. The pleats on the seats and door panels are different, instead of a straight line they have a wave/curve to them. The driver's display has a dynamic shift indicator in the digital display. Normally the GTS does not have the skyhook suspension, but I have seen a couple that were specially ordered with it. I think also the headlights are tinted in many cases.
Those I understand. I wonder who would order a GTS without any shift paddles or if it’s even possible. But then again who would order an entire wood trim and have the sport GTS emblem on it as well when it is just an S.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interestingly I found a qp5 sport GTS with all the right parts and the carfax also says Quattroporte S as well. Both are 2009/2010. The true gts has the oval dual exhaust, large shift paddles, carbon fiber pieces, 20” wheels, wavy pattern stitching in the car doors and the seats…

The one I’m looking at is a 5 owner car so any of the 5 owners could be willing enough to mod the emblem. Has aftermarket quad exhausts without muffler, 20” wheels, aftermarket coilovers… no shift paddles straight stitching patterns in the seats and card door. No carbon anywhere.

Only way to truly tell is to rev it out and see if it holds gear in sport mode I guess

·
Registered
2010 Maserati QP GTS
56 Posts
This may help with some more subtle differentiators.

·
Registered
646 Posts
....."Those I understand. I wonder who would order a GTS without any shift paddles or if it’s even possible. But then again who would order an entire wood trim and have the sport GTS emblem on it as well when it is just an S".......

I doubt it was possible to order the GTS Package without all of those accessories. Going from memory....here is what the GTS Package consisted of....

1) Larger front brakes - 6 piston calipers
2) Lower suspension - no Skyhook system (Skyhook could be special ordered however, I have seen a GTS that had it)
3) Curved stitching / pleating on the seats and door panels
4) Alcantara inserts for the seats, door panels, front console lid, steering wheel
5) Larger shift paddles
6) Special shift indicator display in the driver's information screen
7) Adjustable exhaust for "sport"
8) The carbon fiber package was an option for the GTS
9) The engine made 10 more horsepower than the QP-S.

I'm sure I've missed a few items - so please feel free to correct me. But I just can't imagine someone would order the GTS Package and then delete all of the options that make it up.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
is it possible to see the difference in the intake manifold design between an S and GTS to make up that 10 HP difference? not that it matters now as it was sold last week! i really wanted to test drive the car in FD coilovers too and the uptraded brakes.

this is part of the description: Our Quattroporte is finished in a beautiful coat of Bianco El Dorado over Marrone Corniola Interior with Wenge Wood Trimming and shows extremely well. Some of the notable factory options included are: Reclining Rear Seats, Rear Parking Sensors, and a Wenge Wood Steering Wheel. The previous owner also added some very tasteful additions, such as: Rosso Corsa Painted Brake Calipers, 20” Factory Sport GTS Wheels, Factory Sport GT-S Grill, Formula Dynamics Coilovers, Formula Dynamics Rear Spacers, along with a Muffler Delete that truly brings the engine to life.

the link to the sale no longer works but I happen to have it still open from 2 weeks ago so I can get the pictures. surprised it sold so fast considering it had 5 previous owners. i never cared for white but this car carries it well with the grill the wheels and the exhaust

·
Registered
2010 Maserati QP GTS
56 Posts
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

The front and rear wheels of the Sport GTS ( my vehicle) are the same pattern but are different dimension: wider at the rear and slightly narrower at the front. The dimensions are shown in the following text:

Quattroporte V (M139, 2003–2012)
Dimensions
Wheelbase
3,064 mm (121 in)

Length
2003–08: 5,052 mm (199 in)
2008–2012: 5,097 mm (201 in)

Width
1,895 mm (75 in)

Height
1,438 mm (57 in)
Kerb weight
1,930 kg (4,255 lb) (DuoSelect)
1,990 kg (4,387 lb) (automatic)

Tyres: all 36 psi
Front:
Pirelli Cinturato 245/35 ZR20 95Y
Treadware 420 Traction A Temperature A
Dot 51 52 p827 3215
Extra Load. =(94)
Speed rating ZR

Rear:
Pirelli P Zero 295/30 ZR20 C101Y
Treadware 220 Traction AA Temperature A
Dot XT AE J157
Extra Load. =(94)
Speed rating ZR

Perhaps there were some differeces in US delivery but the following information appears to describe my Sport GTS as well:
The Quattroporte Sport GT S was premièred at the North American International Auto Show in January 2009.[37] Its 4.7-litre V8 produced a maximum power output of 440 PS (324 kW; 434 hp), ten more than the Quattroporte S, owing to a revised intake and a sport exhaust system with electronically actuated bypass valves. Other mechanical changes were made to the suspension system, where the Sport GT S single-rate dampers took the place of the Skyhook system, ride height was further lowered and stiffer springs were adopted. The exterior was distinguished by a specific front grille with concave vertical bars, black headlight bezels, red accents on the Trident badges, the absence of chrome window trim, body colour door handles and black double oval exhaust pipes instead of the quad round exhaust pipes found on other non-GTS Quattroporte models. On the interior, the veneer trim was replaced by "Titan Tex" composite material and the cabin was upholstered in mixed Alcantara and leather.

Reactions: Shenofjo

·
Registered
2010 Maserati QP GTS
56 Posts
The Sport GTS rear exhaust exits.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

The grille and Red bands on the Trident front emblem.
Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting White

Reactions: Shenofjo
1 - 18 of 18 Posts