Maserati Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Yes, thanks, that is the correct link.

I'm impressed you find it easy, I find reverse engineering stuff really hard. Maybe you can help us rebuild the partition tables on the bin files?

·
Registered
231 Posts
No I was being sarcastic. It seems very complicated even when someone has it all "figured out". Most Maserati drivers are not the DIY type and the ones who are like me do not have all those skills needed and access to dealer scan tools to sort it all out afterwards. Just dont think its practical as an upgrade unless someone can do it all themselves on their own car.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I tell you what, if I get this working I'll flash the TCU for free from anyone who asks. If we get the data tables out of the bin file, I'll post all the source on the forums as well so that anyone can DIY their own shift profile if they want.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
It certainly isn't straightforward or quick, but the possibility is interesting.

The process is the same as hacking the ECU for the maps that people purchase for their chip tunes. The difficulty is building definitions. The easiest way to do this is just to change things and see what moves. With the TCU, having multiple versions will help because you can see what has moved without needing to do it yourself.

You're right - it isn't encrypted. The proper term is that the data is obfuscated from disorganisation.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts