Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone ever hear clapping/tapping noise from the AC system? I heard the loud noise from the console, I think, from under the dash. I know that some part of the AC system are behind the guages. I went to the dealer and they said that the actuater is not good. Right after they took 3 hours to change it, I still hear the noise. It is sound like the relay is tapping continuously but it is much louder than normal relay. This noise happen only whenever I direct the air to the feet section. Does anyone hear this annoying loud noise before? I may have to go back to that dealer again. Too bad,it is 4 hours away from my place :(

pganmol

·
Registered
824 Posts
Is your car a 2005 coupe/spyder?

The AC refrigerant pipes were changed for 2005 and they now make more noise (whirring, harmonic, fluttering?). Maserati revised the part, and now it is quiet.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yep, My 02 Coupe does this as well. Any luck finding a resolution for this at the dealer? Occasionally my fan now cuts out and stops blowing, nothing seems to get it going again other than turning the car on and off. These two things together are now enough for me to bring the car in, hoping you've found something I can point them towards for the tapping noise?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found out the problem quite a while ago. And it cost me a lot on the labor cost. It came from that the valet tag got into the AC by the top vent. I post the warning on another topic. Be careful with any piece of paper on your dashboard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
pganmol
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing