Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...not for sure yet, but i might be in the market for a reasonably priced car that can be both unique and practical and to NO surprise the Maserati GranSport came to mind :D

keep in mind i am new to the world of Maserati (circa late 2006)
so i dont know much and will pretty much rely on you fine folks on most of the subjective and objective things that i may look over while considerong this car
basically anything i wouldnt know just by test driving a car and talking to a sales associate about it :confused:

thanx again!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
You don't mention what kind of driving you like. The GS is very sporty and completely different from the QP, its smaller, swift, agile, lightweight and fast. Which means that you won't get some of the comforts of the QP or even the normal Coupe (like the big LCD screen).

If you are into sporty driving (not necessarily "corse" race driving) then go for it.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
I am going to be biased but the GS is a great, fun car to have. And it does offer some useful practicalities, such as usable rear seats and a non-sport mode which is good for city driving.

But if you are just aiming to cruise, I'd go for a Coupe', for the more pleasant interiors and less harsh ride.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
That's bad luck mate.

I have had only minor issues, with the power windows having a mind of their own sometime.

Get the GS, get it tuned, drive its socks off! :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok a few more things...

i am NOT planning on gettin rid of my QP :D

and i will be doing some "spirited drives" with friends that drive Porsche, Ferrari Lotus and Lambos

and what are the major differences between a Coupe and a GS
to me the GS looks more "robust" more muscular, sportier, etc.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
155 Posts
That's bad luck mate.

I have had only minor issues, with the power windows having a mind of their own sometime.

Get the GS, get it tuned, drive its socks off! :D
Yeah, that's one of the problems I have. I don't actually mind the issues... I have a warranty so all is fixed for free. However one must understand that Maseratis are not very reliable for minor things. Engine/drivetrain are ok, but those small things can also cost $$$$$$$$.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
For example, the headlight washer's covers (pieces of plastic that cover the hole where the washers would be) tend to pop off if you are driving at high speed and sprinkle your windshield.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
are the headlight sprinklers optional or do all GS have them? i'm embarased to say that i have no idea if my GS has them or not :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
I also have a QP and an 06 spyder, never really wanted a spyder always wanted the coupe but I couldn't resist red/tan beautiful. so now my new GS coupe just arrived with 700 miles anniv blu/black awaiting tags and inspection. Had an 90 Ferrari 348 new springs and sway bars could not loose the rear end unbelieveable fun factor, but after 2 children and no more track events the cars sat in the garage for five years, When I took it out took 20 minutes just to feel comfortable with the car. The GS you can just get in and go anywhere, no learning curve everytime you get in. I'll let you know how the coupe is when I start driving it, probably much stiffer then the spyder remember there is always a compromise. If I were to use it everyday I would prefer the basic coupe, beautiful car higher profile tires greater comfort enough fun factor but will still spoil you.

06 qp sport
06 gs spyder
06 gs coupe (finally in)

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
about 30,000 miles and not a single issue...

hows your taste now? :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
about 30,000 miles and not a single issue...

hows your taste now? :)
Haha ;) Nice to hear a good ownership story. I'll just say that I'm hoping to hear more stories like yours so I can re-balance my palette and start salivating again for the GTS.*

* Also hoping not to hijack thread, KRC. :cool:

·
Registered
695 Posts
I'm in the market and hear really good things about the 2006 over the 2005.
Need to be specific, I would agree with your statement if you are talking QPs particularly the Sport GT. Now, 2006 over 2005 Coupe/Spyder/GS? - not so much. Everything that was an improvement or upgrade had pretty much happened by 2005.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^good to know...so how many coupe variations are there?

base and cambio

then on top of that the Gransport?

dude im gettin a bit confused here :D

1 - 20 of 91 Posts