Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a little over 6k miles on my GS and called FM of Beverly Hills to make an appointment for service (oil change and malfunction with the digitech)
I know this forum has not been too kind in regards to their service from what I read, but I called today and talk to Heather who was extremelly nice and helpfull over the phone. I was able to get an appointment next day.
I'll keep you posted on how it goes since I noticed several Maserati owners in L.A. area.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have a little over 6k miles on my GS and called FM of Beverly Hills to make an appointment for service (oil change and malfunction with the digitech)
I know this forum has not been too kind in regards to their service from what I read, but I called today and talk to Heather who was extremelly nice and helpfull over the phone. I was able to get an appointment next day.
I'll keep you posted on how it goes since I noticed several Maserati owners in L.A. area.
I have nothing but good things to say about FMBH. Of Mercedes, Jaguar, BMW, they are the best service center I've used. The shop is clean and the mechanics take their time to do it right. At the last service, I forgot to mention two minor items that required adjustment. When I picked the car up I noticed they took care of them. Very accomodating and careful with the cars.. especially if they see that you maintain your car. Most of the time mine is waiting for me inside rather than outside.

Here are two things that you should avoid: bringing the car in on empty or with the gas low indicator light on. Show up without an appointment, interrupt the service advisor while he's talking to a client with an appointment, and ask to have your car looked at and repaired while you wait.

You also develop a history of service from the dealer which helps resale value by showing the car was properly cared for.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Mikeserati,

Let us know how it works out. My opinion of FMBH is from a few years back - one would hope things have improved.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, took the car yesterday for the appointment with FMBH. I met Jerry Hicks the service manager who advice me to do the one year service for $1500 or just do the oil change for $500, in regards to the digital problem he was not sure what the problem was and that they had to check it to see if it was under warranty. I did not leave the car since the previous owner of the car told me he had done the service just 3 months before I got the car, which was 2 months ago. Also 3 months ago I had talked to Nathan (nice guy) in FM Pasadena who told me the cost of an oil change on the GS was $300. Did he tell me this because he was trying to sell me a car or was Jerry overcharging me?. I still would like to do the oil change and take care of the digital reading so I called and talked to Mitch and Mark at FMOC who told me they would do the oil change and the 1st year service for $900 which I will do to keep a piece of mind. I guess I will make the trip to Orange county, not only will it be worth financially but, they have been very helpful and sounds like they know what they are doing. I'll be taking the car Monday and if I'm satisfied they'll have a customer and my referral for life.

·
Registered
456 Posts
mike,

I checked an old service receipt from 2005... oil, filter, lube & brake cleaning/tightening was $450.00 back then.

I find it odd that dealerships vary in the service rates they charge. You would think the
rates and parts are standardized.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Greg, Thanks for your input and checking your old receipt. I'm a new to maserati and before I purchase the car I asked about maintenance and several people including Pasadena Maserati mention that a regular oil change in an authorized dealer was between $300 to $350, new clutch $3500 etc, etc. Now FMBH owns FM Pasadena.
In regards to dealers rates I guess manufactures have no control over what each individual dealer charges for labor.
I own a watch/jewelry store and do authorized repair for several watch companies and most of them supply me with a suggested repair price list, but we do not have to abide by this. As a mater of fact many times I charge up to 30% less than suggested on my labor only because I thing is only fair to charge based on the time it takes us for labor. I've been in the watch business all my life and I know what I'm doing, the job gets done right, fast and therefore pass on the savings to my customers. We constantly get complements from customers on our turn around time, quality of work and the amount they save.
I still make plenty of money, but the most rewarding part is to see my customer leave the store with a smile and fully satisfied. I'm also very familiar with some people being cheap or wanting a free ride.
By the way FMBH would not perform the oil change while I waited I had to leave the car for a day which left me no chance to ask to see service been done. But again thanks for suggesting that.

·
Registered
103 Posts
OT: mikeserati, I have a '71 Datejust that keeps great time. I have heard conflicting reports of whether it needs preventative maintenance or not. What say you? :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OT: mikeserati, I have a '71 Datejust that keeps great time. I have heard conflicting reports of whether it needs preventative maintenance or not. What say you? :)
If your Rolex has not been service in the last 3 to 5 years. I recommend you do it soon even if the watch is keeping perfect time. The oil and lubricants break down and dry up and it is hard on all the moving part. Gaskets on the back case,crown and crystal become hard and cracked and will no longer be
water resistant.
I recommend you find and authorized watchmaker in a jewelry store near your town. Not necessarily an authorized dealer. just make sure they have a good reputation and make sure they do a complete overhaul (taking the whole watch apart,and not just bathing the movement in a cleaning solution like many others do. Also change gaskets,seals,main spring,crystal, water test etc)
The longer you wait the more expensive the service if internal parts get damage and have to be replaced.
I have seen people that have not done service on their Rolex for up to 25 years and keeps perfect time. To those I tell don't do anything until it starts acting up or break down then pay the price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.