Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of buying an '09 Black GS with 20" Mercury Grey birdcage style wheels. Does anyone know how difficult or costly it will be to replace them with manufacturer 20" Silver birdcage wheels?

This is the only aspect of the car that I don't care for and will not be that big of a problem if I will be able to find and replace them for a reasonable cost.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Do you mean Gran Turismo?

·
Super Moderator
2,554 Posts
Have you looked into re-finishing the mercury wheels in silver by a professional? I imagine it would be significantly cheaper than replacing the set. Here's an example on eBay:

OEM Factory MASERATI GRAN TURISMO GRANTURISMO 20 WHEEL | eBay

I must admit, personally speaking, I would only buy from an authorised dealer/distributor to be really sure about condition of the wheel. However, my first recourse would be to have them re-painted by a pro.

I say this as someone who has been extremely pleased with having had his curb-rash wheels re-furbished to factory standards...

·
Registered
64 Posts
You may be able to post up a trade. I would think someone with silver wheels may want to trade for the grey ones.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealer referred me to a vendor that they use for wheel repair who can refinish them in silver for $100/wheel. That seems like a really good first step. Thanks for the idea mowlas.

·
Super Moderator
2,554 Posts
Great. You may also have to fork out for silver centre caps. Maybe the dealer can 'throw' those in as part of the deal?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Yes. Gran Turismo. Sorry for the confusion.
Which 09 model are you looking at? The 09 wish list would be low mileage GTS-MC sportsline optioned out with the F-1 transmission. I believe there are some active members that own and love the car. Gluck and happy hunting.
:cheers:

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
$100 per wheel is a good price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts