Maserati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may potentially have to have one of the rear suspension arms replaced due to what looks like a flaccid ball joint.

It seems to me that it's an expensive item to replace, just for the sake of a joint, so following on from Jag's success with the F1 pump, I thought I'd ask if anyone knows if it's possible to get just the ball bit replaced or are they a disposable item ?

The technology isn't unique to Maserati (just the price !)

Cheers in anticipation

CJ

·
Registered
86 Posts
I may potentially have to have one of the rear suspension arms replaced due to what looks like a flaccid ball joint.

It seems to me that it's an expensive item to replace, just for the sake of a joint, so following on from Jag's success with the F1 pump, I thought I'd ask if anyone knows if it's possible to get just the ball bit replaced or are they a disposable item ?

The technology isn't unique to Maserati (just the price !)

Cheers in anticipation

CJ
Hello CJ
Same problem with my 4200
Unfortuntely this rod with the ball joint cannot be sold separately from the lower wishbone. the cost is around 500€
It is possible to make a new ball joint, but IMO the results might not be very good.
I certainly do not want troubles at 250 km/h from a refurbished joint.
So i paid the price!
Hope this works for you
Cheers
PaNoS
BTW check this out:http://www.eurospares.co.uk/partTable.asp?M=3&Mo=380&A=1&B=20162&S=

1 - 2 of 2 Posts