Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I planted my foot on the Spyder's gas pedal in 1st, from a dead stop, and the CC chose to slip the clutch all the way through first gear! Got an expensive smell out of it too. Wished I had thought to put it in Sport mode first, maybe that would have made it behave.

Is this normal? The car's nearly new, 1500 miles. Next time I'll wait till the clutch locks up before hitting the gas, ouch.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Was the weather cold (< 50 deg F)? I find that the car needs a good 2-4 minutes to warm up - not just the engine, but it seems that the clutch engagement system works much better if the vehicle is warm.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had been driving for about 1/2 hour before, so it was thoroughly warm. I thought I read elsewhere a recommendation to wait for the clutch to hook up before getting all the way on it, but still, seems it shoulda hooked up before time to shift into 2nd.

·
Registered
681 Posts
It happened to me one time on my 02 Spyder CC, I had been driving the car for 45 minutes. I planted my foot down how I always do and for some reason it just didn't grab and I smelt my clutch for the next 10 minutes.

Regards,

Kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts