Maserati Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Oh boy, here you go again! Have you ordered it yet?:)

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I can't believe we never got to see under the hood! What a tease! :confused:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Anyone else notice that aerial antenna on the rear window or roof? I'd be interested in that, with the Coupe's pathetic FM reception (in my experience).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Loved it!!!

Great video....can you give some specifics on what aftermarket additions you have added and approximately what each cost to install?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Its about time!...........the Maser 4200's are the most accesible Italian exotics available with a reliable drivetrain to boot!

Im suprised Novitec never tried a Supercharger kit for these, I would think there would be a big enough market for Supercharged Maserati's......at least more than Ferraris!

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the problems with supercharging are mainly two: cost and seriously reduced clutch life on the cambiocorsa models.

·
Registered
96 Posts
But arent these transmissions capable of much more HP?....i mean its a ferrari derived unit and some ferrari models have over 600hp?

what would the cost be? 10k?

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The transmission is not the problem per se, but the clutch, which has normally a fairly low lifespan of its own and such mod may make it a non-runner in a few thousand miles.

The Modena-Tec full blown conversion (including exhaust, ECU, etc etc) is EUR 25k.

Jeff at Formula Dynamics did say at some point on the forum that he was looking at making a S/C set for the Coupe/GS and that it may cost about USD 10k but that never got off the ground unfortunately.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The transmission is not the problem per se, but the clutch, which has normally a fairly low lifespan of its own and such mod may make it a non-runner in a few thousand miles.

The Modena-Tec full blown conversion (including exhaust, ECU, etc etc) is EUR 25k.

Jeff at Formula Dynamics did say at some point on the forum that he was looking at making a S/C set for the Coupe/GS and that it may cost about USD 10k but that never got off the ground unfortunately.

25k Euro???.....lol freaking nuts.....costs as much as a used Coupe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts