Maserati Forum banner

Sun visor issue 06qp

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  LaMaser 
#1 ·
Both visors lost ability to engage securely & maintain upright support & fell down hanging by wires. The driver visor went down while on a road trip in the country so I had to cut it off by cutting the wires. Ditto the passenger on day two of the fortunately over-cast grey sky road trip.

It appears that they are poorly designed bc no discernible change in the visors or their engagement mechanism (spring effect or tension required to lock into hole & create support) is evident so I don't have confidence that oem visors @ $650 for one visor are going to rectify this maddening problem.

I'd like to have an interior shop simply rig the visors and also fix the wires to engage lighted mirror feature.

What say the forum? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Jim qp06

#2 ·
Had that issue (passenger side) on a previously owned '05 QP. The visor was in fine shape just the engagement mechanism failed but the factory solution was to replace the entire thing. As an interim solution, I velcro-ed it to the roof. Traded the car in so never replaced it.

#4 ·
You're welcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.