Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
2012 Quattroporte
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had my 2012 QP at the dealer to take care of a older recall to the ECU (update software) the mechanic also tightened a suspension bolt and noticed a small o ring leak(ordered parts for that and a new headlight switch. All was good driving home then after one day not driving it, I tried opening the door with the left button on the handle but nothing. The right button did open the door. Tried starting it and a buzzing noise, dash lights went little crazy and clock started winding fast. No starting. Shop salesman said probably the battery but is new battery 3-4 months old. Any suggestions?
Font Parallel Paper Paper product Document

Registered
Lol, normal part of Maserati ownership 馃榾馃榾馃榾
But seriously, it sounds like you may have a battery issue. Check the cables, make sure they are tight on the battery, maybe get a new battery

Registered
2012 Quattroporte
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol, normal part of Maserati ownership 馃榾馃榾馃榾
But seriously, it sounds like you may have a battery issue. Check the cables, make sure they are tight on the battery, maybe get a new battery
Yeah I get it but a lot of the "gremlins" disappeared when I got the new battery. Ok I'll check the cables and trickle charge it and see what happens. Thank you

Registered
Suggestion, disconnect Negative battery while charging. After charge connect cable, turn ignition to the on position for 10 seconds. Then start the car and let idle for 20 seconds. Turn car off. Take key out and hit the lock button once on the key fob, then hit the open button on the fob. That鈥檚 a componet relearn.. locks don鈥檛 work right if not performed.

Sounds like a dud battery...Just because it is new doesn't mean it can't be bad...Especially these days...I would charge it and have it load tested..Jason

Reactions: mpreiss

Registered
2012 Quattroporte
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Suggestion, disconnect Negative battery while charging. After charge connect cable, turn ignition to the on position for 10 seconds. Then start the car and let idle for 20 seconds. Turn car off. Take key out and hit the lock button once on the key fob, then hit the open button on the fob. That鈥檚 a componet relearn.. locks don鈥檛 work right if not performed.
Okay, will do, Thank you

Registered
2012 Quattroporte
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Always use a trickle charger when not using the car for anything past a week or so to be on the safe side. CTEK works very well.
Yeah I have but thats whats weird about it as the battery is new and was using it every other day. But I'm charging the battery now and hopefully that'll fix it. I'll also get it tested by the mechanic that bought it from. Thanks for the advice

You can get a bad car battery, trust me as I see it all the time...Especially if it is a Die Hard, Sure Start, etc or some other crappy brand...I like Interstate or AC Delco in anything I need to depend on to start..J

Registered
2012 Quattroporte
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well it was the battery I just charged it and everything works fine. I probably should still get it load tested as it was weird that it seemed to just lose all its juice in one night, so it might be a dud battery. It is an interstate battery and should still be under warranty. I'm assuming new batteries are covered for 6 months or a certain amount of mileage. Thanks to all for the help.

Registered
2012 Quattroporte
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, I do keep a Aux cord going into the glove box for my music and I did find it strange when I manually opened the trunk to charge the battery the plastic battery cover was off and the battery access door inside the trunk was off. Maybe the mechanic forgot to replace it?

Registered
Trunk doesn't have a switch like the glove box, I'm guessing it's from the latch position which is why the dash can tell you whether or not trunk is open. Why else would trunk light not go on?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts