Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '06 GS has the upgraded hi-fi system, when i adjust the subwoofer up through the radio i do not seem to get any bass increase:confused: , am i doing something wrong or is it not working properly, any help is appreciated thanks:D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Up-shift to get revs to around 2K and make sure you are in Sport mode. For more treble, downshift and press right foot :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
'Nough Said

Alfa_Tiv said:
Up-shift to get revs to around 2K and make sure you are in Sport mode. For more treble, downshift and press right foot :D

However, if one actually wants to listen to the radio...

I have the same issue with my subwoofer setting... it seems to do nothing. It is literally inaudible. I am extremely dissappointed with the quality of my Auditorium 200 system in my Gransport.

Anyone know who manufactures the speakers in the Gransport? The head unit and cd changer are both Becker.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I think the subwoofer setting is for the GranSport Spyders, which with the upgraded sound get dedicated subwoofers between the seats. The GranSport Coupe has room for larger fill speaker components, and so does not have the dedicated subwoofer.

I'm not sure how the head unit and amp controls are setup, but it might be pretty easy to add a dedicated subwoofer and control it through the stock head unit.

06GS said:
Anyone know who manufactures the speakers in the Gransport? The head unit and cd changer are both Becker.
I'm not sure who makes them, but when EJ did the write-up on swapping out her Spyder speakers, they were paper-cone, and not exactly audiophile quality. I'm not sure if they are the same in the auditorium upgrade, but I can certainly look into more exact specs \ model information if you guys want.

- Mark

·
Registered
518 Posts
jbondox said:
Mark, paper always sounded better than poly... just to let you know...
paper has nothing on mineral filled poly these are going into my coupe

http://www.ozaudio.com/pages/180CS.html

my only issue is they need about 200 watts to really shine and I am trying to conserve trunk space while adding a 200x2 rms amp and possibly a sub amp/rear speaker amp and sub

·
Registered
52 Posts
I still have a set of 9 year old MB Quarts that sound better than any mineral filled poly(almost every speaker on the planet today) , wet powder coated (MB Quart QSD.s) Kevlar (Focal)... and on and on... the only bad thing about paper speakers is that over the years moisture get to them

Oz isn't a bad set of seperates, not top of the line, but then again better than 75% of the speakers out there> I think if I were to choose today as the best, I would have to say a set of Morel seperates, only because the mid can play down into the sub bass region without dying, and the soft dome tweeters.

I converted over from MB Quart recently, I think the new owner of the company really destroyed the line and cheapened it up. And i like to offer quality to my clients, hell my reputation is about quality, and I don't want to mess that up.

As for an amp with a small foot print, look into the Alpine PDX amps, I will bet you money that they will suprise the crap out of you for the size, power, and sound quality.

look at the pdx 4.150 retails about $750 and the 1000 watt is at $850...

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/series.php?category=AMP

·
Registered
518 Posts
jbondox said:
Oz isn't a bad set of seperates, not top of the line, but then again better than 75% of the speakers out there> I think if I were to choose today as the best, I would have to say a set of Morel seperates, only because the mid can play down into the sub bass region without dying, and the soft dome tweeters.

As for an amp with a small foot print, look into the Alpine PDX amps, I will bet you money that they will suprise the crap out of you for the size, power, and sound quality.

look at the pdx 4.150 retails about $750 and the 1000 watt is at $850...

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/series.php?category=AMP
How can you cagagorize the only set of components EVER to score a perfect in SQ competition not top of the line....thier new variant of the Matrix series also has a beautiful tone all the way down to 60hz...with enough power they are the best sounding components on the market...I have a customer that just tossed Morel for the Oz matirx series...also have heard morel focal and oz in a board together and installed in the same vehicle did an install test on a few components last week in a customer's shop the Oz sounds accurate through the tonal range with an added low end punch and the Soft dome tweet is stellar! That and the US design and manufacture of the Matrix adds a lot to the look and feel...

Hell thier low end vector series speakers perform better then most components double thier price...

I still need a set of speakers for the back package tray though

You are correct the maxxonincs (crunch, hifonics) group did definately cheapen the MB line I just wonder if they will whore it out on the internet like thier other products

I appriciate the recommendations on the amps I may need to check them out.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Amp install

jbondox said:
Mark, paper always sounded better than poly... just to let you know...
I would like to install an amp and upgrade the rears in my 02 Spyder. Not too worried about sound quality as it is a Spyder, but are most amps generally plug and play into the back of the NIT module and do the speaker connections also come out of the back of the NIT ?

Cheers

CJ

ESL57's and QUAD IIs at home...

·
Registered
518 Posts
no. most aftermarket amps and speakers will need their own wiring.
Which Line output converters you you use on masers? I was thinking about the Audiocontrol LC seres just for ease of use and tunability...I know some LOCs will agree with certian cars more then others so I thought I woulld get your recommendations

·
Registered
52 Posts
Audio control is good, but some amps such as the JL Audio Slash series (500/1) will take the sub wire input direct. but if it is anything like the QP, the amp and sub were all one unit, so take the low level signal and run it to.... never mind, i forgot, the headunit had all low level signals coming out of it , flat response, and stereo pair, tag the stereo rears or fronts off the headunit and throw and rca end on them...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts