Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
WOW!!!:) I feel lucky to live here in the good ole U.S. of A. I did not know that Masers were that expensive in the U.K.!!!

With that said, I have no doubt that they're worth every penny. . .think about it. . .the Ferrari derived drivetrain. . .the Italian leather interiors. . .and most of all, the exclusivity. . .What a bargain at the prices we're paying in the U.S.!!! :cool:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Errmmm

he was probably too busy making money to worry about a mere £80000 car !

Hedge funds can make money in falling markets as well as rising.

CJ

·
Registered
240 Posts
Not sure if this is more funny, or sad.

Aug. 21 (Bloomberg) -- Bertrand Des Pallieres, founder of the SPQR Capital LLP hedge fund, said he was so focused on the swings in financial markets that he didn't notice his 80,000- pound ($160,000) sports car had been impounded by London authorities.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601085&sid=ahnaLU_Hkl1o&refer=europe

lol. A few months back I was writing loan for a client and he has a $11 million dollar home 1 block from central park in Manhattan and reviewing his credit the guy had so many late payments on small things like a $200 gas card, a target card, a Saks credit card. He just told me was too busy and forgot about bills :)

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
lol. A few months back I was writing loan for a client and he has a $11 million dollar home 1 block from central park in Manhattan and reviewing his credit the guy had so many late payments on small things like a $200 gas card, a target card, a Saks credit card. He just told me was too busy and forgot about bills :)
That's why you hire a cute personal assistant to take care of these things or let wife take care of it. Of course that was said tongue-in-cheek.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he was probably too busy making money to worry about a mere £80000 car !

Hedge funds can make money in falling markets as well as rising.

CJ
Now THAT is funny! All the quant funds in particular have been getting slaughtered in the subprime/CDO/credit mess.

Tudor's Raptor fund isn't one of the worst, yet... "For the first time in the history of our equity strategy, we received virtually no performance contribution from our short book against the backdrop of a precipitous market decline,'' Pallotta wrote."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts