Maserati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a visit into Toronto, I decided to go to Yorkville, and see the Rolls Royce, Bently, and Auston Martin dealership. However, my true intention was to visit the new Ferrari Maserati dealership on Avenue Rd. (Ferrari Maserati of Toronto). When inside they had two stunning Ferraris (575M Maranello and a Testarossa) as well as three Maseratis (Spyder Vintage, Coupe, and Spyder). Then I started to look at the memorabilia. I was shocked by the high prices. Now I can understand the cars being expensive, but $250.00 for a paper weight, $399.00 for driving gloves, and $70.00 for a key chain is just stupid. If anyone knows where I can find maserati merchandise for less that that price it would be truly appreciated. (Any where in North America would be nice, but Europe is fine too!)
Thank You!
brandon_titaro

·
Registered
11 Posts
eBay probably

and it's not stupid, it's logical for them to do that.

1) the customers of these expensive vehicles don't care about the price, so with a demand and a fan loyalty base like that, why should they give them away for cheap when they can make real money

2) it's dangerous to de-value a marquee like Maserati - if the cars are expensive, so are other things carrying the brand name, toys, pens or whatever - they're showing that Maserati is premium and not everyone can have a paper weight, much less a car - goes towards the brand mystique - and brands like Mercedes-Benz that had that mystique, have now lost it by mass production and sales....

Tory

·
Registered
22 Posts
Web Site

I went there yesterday too. The shipping is around $40 from Europe for an order. I decided to spend around $200 on clothing items and some other things. The shipping is expensive, but probably no more than double US pricing.

I guess this is the price we pay to own an Exotic. It is very difficult to get Maserati items. I have even been to a local dealer in Miami called the Collection. They have a huge boutique with Ferrari, Porsche and Maserati items. The Maserati items are limited to say the least... a few shirts, a couple of hats, license tags and that's about it. Ferrari and Porsche, that's another story.

Good luck in your search. I bit the bullet and picked up some things I'm looking forward to receiving, but it is expensive. I agree...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Desert European got me the gloves for 100 bucks. They really are nice. I picked up some shirts that were very reasonable(50-75 dollars) and a cool neoprene jacket that was under $200. I think it really varies from dealer to dealer.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Desert European got me the gloves for 100 bucks. They really are nice. I picked up some shirts that were very reasonable(50-75 dollars) and a cool neoprene jacket that was under $200. I think it really varies from dealer to dealer.
how do they compare with golf gloves?

·
Registered
227 Posts
They are the same color blue as my steering wheel and dash and have the trident on them. Nice italian driving gloves. Very snazzy. Absolutely essential for pushing the sport button. Lousy for raking sand traps.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Maserati sells driving gloves for up to EUR 90 on their website. I am actually quite tempted ;)
I have a pair of the lamborghini driving gloves and love them, soft, good fit, right thickness for wearing everyday in the cold but not too thick to not be able to still wear while driving. Most Lamborghini dealers carry them or can order them for you

·
Registered
340 Posts
That particular dealership and FM of Ontario (I believe the owner is the same) are very expensive in general.

I have been quoted parts pricing nearly double what other dealers charge.

·
Registered
262 Posts
For you lot in the U.S., order from the showroom/store on Park Ave. in NYC. They have most of the gear from the European store on hand, and can order it if not. I bought a trident baseball cap and a cool pen the last time I was there.

Ferrari Maserati Park Avenue Showroom
410 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10022
(212) 593-2080

I would recommend visiting in person if at all possible--the women who work there are gorgeous!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
12 Participants
brumma
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing