Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2013 Blue Oceano Cabrio this past year. Nor sure if it's just my car ..... but never had a car that was so difficult to dry without leaving a streak. After I wash and "dry" (Adams products and towels) .... I still need to detail to get out lingering streaks. I use the same process and products on my Alfa 4C , but much easier to dry without streaks.

Maybe it needs a good waxing? Or is this paint just a PITA to clean?

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I'd first try using a clay bar to ensure that all of the contaminates have been removed from the paint and then I'd apply a good polish or have it ceramic coated. My car is Bordeau Pontevecchio and I've had it ceramic coated. The shine and paint quality are fantastic. I also use this for a spotless rinse:

CR Spotless DIC-20

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd first try using a clay bar to ensure that all of the contaminates have been removed from the paint and then I'd apply a good polish or have it ceramic coated. My car is Bordeau Pontevecchio and I've had it ceramic coated. The shine and paint quality are fantastic. I also use this for a spotless rinse:

CR Spotless DIC-20

View attachment 129436

Thanks! The reviews say it doesn't work as well after about 7 - 10 uses?> Do you need to replace a filter every so often?

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Thanks! The reviews say it doesn't work as well after about 7 - 10 uses?> Do you need to replace a filter every so often?
I've used mine at least 20 times and it's still working perfectly. I only use it to rinse my car after I've cleaned it, so that might be why it's lasted longer. I'll replace the filter media when the indicator on the unit indicates that it needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
238 Posts

CR Spotless DIC-20

View attachment 129436
I agree with the clay bar/ceramic treatment... Game changer.. That will give you some baseline on your paint...

·
Registered
50 Posts

CR Spotless DIC-20
Could use this one instead, more capacity and a valved head so you don't have to disconnect your hose.

No Spots Pro De-Ionized Water Generator | No Spots Car Rinse

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
One of the main reasons I had the car ceramic coated .. a simple, effortless wiping off with a cloth is all that’s needed. No residual water spots to stress over, no streaks of any kind, nothing ! It looks like it came out of a showroom .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts