Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
i think that is indicating a module fault, the go to dealer message should scroll to another messages that comes before or after it indicating what module is at fault.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
A rectangle usually refers to the rear window, so maybe an issue with the rear power sun shade?

I can see it is business as usual...You know more than the dealer tech.? Now why would a power sunshade put a warning on the dash??? You can drive with it up or down.. There is no warning for the back windows that looks like a rectangle...There is a anti-trap warning that looks like a window...Inaccurate information is not helpful in the least...Jason

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had no indication that sc00b is a dealer tech. However, his post was a suggestion and so was mine. I believe forums are for sharing information, ideas, concepts whether or not everyone agrees or whether or not all the information is correct. BTW I did place a ? at the end of sentence. I am sure that nomorejags is capable of sifting through the information and decide on a course of action.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I guess we just roll a different way...Stuff that I have no idea what is going on I usually refrain from commenting on or even guessing period..I feel like it just confuses the original poster and doesn't help solve the problem...To each their own I guess....Jason

·
Registered
128 Posts
So for the heck of it I whipped out my owners manual to see what that symbol is...nothing in the owners manual. So I checked the downloaded service manual I have...nothing. Checked the downloaded Maserati academy info... nothing.

So if it were mine I would make sure the battery is fully charged (low voltage will result in all sorts of warning lights) check for codes, do a battery reset and if its still there I would take it to the dealer. Dont think there is a DIY solution if it doesn't clear itself.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
The car needs to be connected to a proper scan tool that can read all the modules on the car and look for faults...OBD2 reader is not gonna work for this one I don't think....Jason

·
Registered
85 Posts
So for the heck of it I whipped out my owners manual to see what that symbol is...nothing in the owners manual. So I checked the downloaded service manual I have...nothing. Checked the downloaded Maserati academy info... nothing.

So if it were mine I would make sure the battery is fully charged (low voltage will result in all sorts of warning lights) check for codes, do a battery reset and if its still there I would take it to the dealer. Dont think there is a DIY solution if it doesn't clear itself.
In my owners manual it says 'Number plate lights failure' for that icon. I'm UK spec though, read as 'License plate light failure'.

Trouble is it's amber in the book, your's is red, and when I had it the icon was a small icon, also red in the bottom left of the screen.

And there was nothing wrong with the lights......

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well thats interesting. My owners manual is a us spec 2011... it shows about 100 different warning light symbols but not that one. Ha ha

nomorejags... besure to check your license plate light bulbs before taking it to the dealer.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Did you replace the OEM bulbs with led at the license plate?

Sometimes led lights throw warning symbols.

You need to get the proper led lights.

Keep us noted if you finally find any solution.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts