Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started the morning replacing a front tire (i blew the sidewall). On the way back from the tire place I stoped by the Ferrari/Maserati shop to pick up a few minor parts that they helped me replace. With my car back to showroom condition I drive out of the shop and feel a strange vibration coming right through my seat! It was intermittent. I am thinking...Drive Shaft??? maybe a loose exhaust connection? It is really annoying and vibrates the drivers seat. AND it is intermittent. Instead of staying at the shop, I drive it to the office a few miles away....low and behold, I was sitting on my cell phone which I had set in the "vibrate" mode.

moral of the story: we may drive great cars, but some of us are just not that smart!

·
Registered
39 Posts
sweater said:
Instead of staying at the shop, I drive it to the office a few miles away....low and behold, I was sitting on my cell phone which I had set in the "vibrate" mode.

moral of the story: we may drive great cars, but some of us are just not that smart!
Reminds me of the time my buddy thought he had hung up on the call to his wife only to find out she listened to his entire "innocent flirting" with the lady next to him at the local pub. Now THAT'S not too smart. By the way, he immediately bought a flip-phone.

KCD

·
Registered
114 Posts
Real engine vibrations

While test driving a QP I noticed that while standing in red lights (after a brisk 20min of driving, engine warm) that the car vibrated slightly. Is it normal to be able to "feel" the engine vibrate through the seat? Considering the massive weight of the QP, the vibration has to be signficant to cause the car to resonate...?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hey bro... good thing it was just the cel and not any of those vibrating toys
...good one
...thanks for the laugh!!!

EDIT: Hey... I thought I would let you guys know... tomorrow I'm taking my baby to the track for the very first time but the highlight of the trip will be that we are also taking a Trofeo owned by the dealer and I've been promised a few laps...
I'll bring ya plenty of pictures and video :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well, two things:

First, this post cracked me up, funny!

Second, reminds me of a much friendlier, pre-9/11 U.S. airport security where jokes where still ok, such as wrapping a certain cylindrical device in aluminum foil, slipping it on a friend's bag and having security ask them to turn it on...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Sweater, what a great story! I must admit though (and you know what I've been through with my '04 CC) I was getting mighty concerned reading your story, as I am awaiting delivery of my "new" '06 GS/mirror image of your GS and was hoping this wasn't a sign of more to come! What a relief! And comic relief at that!
Carl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
haha
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing