Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday evening I had the audio on at mid level (around 28 I think) when I turned it down to order some chili @ the Wendy's drive-thru (mmm). When I turned it back up, the sound was severely distorted, no matter what sound level I had it at. It was distorted no matter which source I used (CD, FM, AM) and shutting off the audio and turning it back on did not help.

I was convinced I had somehow blown a speaker although the sound problem seem to emanate from all the speakers. I was already pondering the problem of Focal vs Diamond vs Dynaudio vs Morel when this morning I started the car and voila! the problem is gone. Audio sounds normal again.

Anyone else experience this bit of Italian electronics weirdness?

·
Registered
312 Posts
F. Yu said:
Yesterday evening I had the audio on at mid level (around 28 I think) when I turned it down to order some chili @ the Wendy's drive-thru (mmm). When I turned it back up, the sound was severely distorted, no matter what sound level I had it at. It was distorted no matter which source I used (CD, FM, AM) and shutting off the audio and turning it back on did not help.

I was convinced I had somehow blown a speaker although the sound problem seem to emanate from all the speakers. I was already pondering the problem of Focal vs Diamond vs Dynaudio vs Morel when this morning I started the car and voila! the problem is gone. Audio sounds normal again.

Anyone else experience this bit of Italian electronics weirdness?
Perhaps it was the chili; I've noticed that it causes strange noises?

·
Registered
513 Posts
my system also has demons...

i have similar issues with my unit, it often mutes, freezes all which powering down doesn't usually work. I do find when I pull over and re-start the car, it usually fires back up.

PS-I have already replaced the stock speakers and amps....sorry to take away your excuse for an upgrade (;

·
Registered
722 Posts
Mine switches audio sources on its own after shutdown. I'm treating it as an endearing trait rather than a problem.

·
Registered
513 Posts
F. Yu said:
Yesterday evening I had the audio on at mid level (around 28 I think) when I turned it down to order some chili @ the Wendy's drive-thru (mmm). When I turned it back up, ?
28!!!!??

I can only hit 09 after my upgrade.

·
Registered
52 Posts
demoe said:
28!!!!??

I can only hit 09 after my upgrade.
then your gain structure of the audio system is wrong, unless your radio goes up to 15. i hear this all the time... and the first thing I think is spaghetti wires, scratched panels,torn carpets, screw holes everywhere...I can say we pride ourselves in using all the factory mounts and the system can be turned back to factory without a single wire cut. I know it sounds insane, but I more anal than most anal car owners... you should see when I tape off a vehicle...

;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts