Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled my 06 GS into the garage, got out, and set the alarm. I went into the kitchen, and put some food in the microwave (which incidentally is mounted on the wall that adjoins the garage). 30 seconds into the cook cycle, my alarm goes off. WTF.

I played with everything to make sure I wasnt nuts. Leaving the alarm on and not cooking.... nothing. Turning the alarm off and cooking.... nothing. Turn alarm on and hit the go button on the microwave... wait 30 sec, and jackpot, the alarm wails.

I called the dealer yesterday. Feeling like a total tool, I describe the situation.
What do you know? Theyve heard of the problem!!!!!!!

Hmmm......

How bout this one...

Car has 150 miles on it. When starting the car the stereo emits a strange wave-like sound as it powers up. Only happens on start-up. Once the car is started, if you turn the stereo power off, then on again, no strange sound....
Hmmm.....

Dealer has been great so far... ill keep u posted.

Any thoughts :confused:

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have an overly sensitive alarm as well...I can no longer lock the car outside of my office because it goes off all the time...anyone know if there is a way reduce the alarm sensitivity

·
Registered
722 Posts
I think our alarms have an interior radar-type motion detector, which is probably being interfered with by your microwave oven, or by microwave-radar motion detectors on office doors and in office spaces (used as intrusion detectors and for automatic lights).

I think the owner's manual details how to arm the alarm without the interior motion detector, but can't remember the details.

Sorry to attempt to hijack the thread, but do either of you experience a gas smell in the garage from your cars after driving? I've got to get some ammo to press the dealer on mine.

·
Registered
312 Posts
The dealer can adjust alarm sensitivity. If we set to the least sensitive level its still too sensitive (like wind from trucks passing when its parked) they can do some trick with a sponge or something to get a little more de-sensitization.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I agree that it's the microwave motion detector in the car that's probably triggering, not the tilt sensors. I doubt there's an adjustment for that. On a serious note, you may have a leaky microwave, which is dangerous! Go to Radio Shack and get a leakage tester. Don't want you to cook the 'nads :D

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have no gas smell in the garage once the car is parked...anyone know if 802.11 wifi will interfere? that is the only wireless transmission that is in the office

·
Registered
824 Posts
kbrookings said:
The dealer can adjust alarm sensitivity. If we set to the least sensitive level its still too sensitive (like wind from trucks passing when its parked) they can do some trick with a sponge or something to get a little more de-sensitization.
Yes, rain was setting off my alarm until the dealer adjusted the sensitivity down a notch.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I think our alarms have an interior radar-type motion detector, which is probably being interfered with by your microwave oven, or by microwave-radar motion detectors on office doors and in office spaces (used as intrusion detectors and for automatic lights).

I think the owner's manual details how to arm the alarm without the interior motion detector, but can't remember the details.

Sorry to attempt to hijack the thread, but do either of you experience a gas smell in the garage from your cars after driving? I've got to get some ammo to press the dealer on mine.
Make sure you get that gas smell checked ASAP. In a previous thread, I had mentioned that I ignored it for a while, having owned a few MG's and being used to the delightful smell of raw fuel. However, in the case of my Maser, it was a leaky fuel tank gasket that could have caused some bad monkey voodoo if I had continued to ignore it.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Make sure you get that gas smell checked ASAP. In a previous thread, I had mentioned that I ignored it for a while, having owned a few MG's and being used to the delightful smell of raw fuel. However, in the case of my Maser, it was a leaky fuel tank gasket that could have caused some bad monkey voodoo if I had continued to ignore it.
You mean... avoid it ending like this

http://www.specializeditalianrecycling.com/assets/images/05005_lr.jpg

http://www.specializeditalianrecycling.com/assets/images/05005_lf.jpg

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Chilling, disturbing photographs that will be permanently etched into my memory...

·
Registered
660 Posts
Chilling, disturbing photographs that will be permanently etched into my memory...
... and it doesn't look like flames post-crash... maybe a leaking fuel hose?

Better check that smell dude.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts