Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here is an even better option for the engine air filter, quality on par with the OEM filter from Scuderia which lists for $85.27.

The PG Air Filter 99300 for $21.63 from Amazon. Great quality, great fit, great price.
Maserati recommends air filter replacement every 12,500 miles or every 2 years. I haven't replaced it since my above post, Feb. 2019 and 49,000 miles ago. (my bad). Doesn't look too bad though, I suppose.
Here are a few filter comparison pics. And don't forget your orange gloves, Jason loves these... :ROFLMAO:

old filter date:mileage.jpg

old filter pleats.jpg
air filter between pleats.jpg
PA99300 filter.jpg
air filter comparison 2.jpg
filter comparison.jpg
vacuum air box.jpg
new filter fitted.jpg

·
Registered
55 Posts
I ordered the PA99300 from the vendor on ebay and they sent this little filter in a brown box that would fit in your pocket - then they wanted $13 to return it. - I canceled the credit card payment and threw it in the garbage then ordered stock.. - the Amazon picture posted here looks legit.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ordered the PA99300 from the vendor on ebay and they sent this little filter in a brown box that would fit in your pocket - then they wanted $13 to return it. - I canceled the credit card payment and threw it in the garbage then ordered stock.. - the Amazon picture posted here looks legit.
Could be that another filter shares this part # in some variation, or the vendor just screwed it up. :unsure:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Could be that another filter shares this part # in some variation, or the vendor just screwed it up. :unsure:
the vendor advertises it as a filter for the maserati and were unwilling to correct the issue. in addition, my complaint and 1 star rating on e-bay were removed as e-bay and pay pal would go under if it wasnt for their commission(s) on fraudulent transactions. just venting here....
I ordered one of the amazon filters you have pictured in this thread - we will see what it looks like !

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the vendor advertises it as a filter for the maserati and were unwilling to correct the issue. in addition, my complaint and 1 star rating on e-bay were removed as e-bay and pay pal would go under if it wasnt for their commission(s) on fraudulent transactions. just venting here....
I ordered one of the amazon filters you have pictured in this thread - we will see what it looks like !
Sorry for your troubles, the Amazon one should be 'good to go.' (y)

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i installed a new air filter 6000 miles ago and it already shows significant filth - i must be a giant vacuum cleaner going down the highway :-o
Dang cars do look like whale sharks on the move...LOL

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
3,385 Posts
Dang cars do look like whale sharks on the move...LOL
More like whales...swallowing tons of krill on their way ;)
( also more fitting given the weight of our cars 🙃 )

But back to filters, I bought both the air and cabin ones you recommended, at a fraction of the cost of the ones Maserati sells. Had to check the tested filtration results to compare them and once you’re confident it‘s nearly identical, no reason to spend that much more for the OE ..IMO..
And yeah, depending on the supplier source prices can vary significantly . Even the same supplier but in different countries . Look at the Amazon price for that one in Canada vs. the US. ( I think Jeff Bezos enjoys visiting Canada , so he does all the deliveries there himself, ergo the cost ..😝 )

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
More like whales...swallowing tons of krill on their way ;)
( also more fitting given the weight of our cars 🙃 )

But back to filters, I bought both the air and cabin ones you recommended, at a fraction of the cost of the ones Maserati sells. Had to check the tested filtration results to compare them and once you’re confident it‘s nearly identical, no reason to spend that much more for the OE ..IMO..
And yeah, depending on the supplier source prices can vary significantly . Even the same supplier but in different countries . Look at the Amazon price for that one in Canada vs. the US. ( I think Jeff Bezos enjoys visiting Canada , so he does all the deliveries there himself, ergo the cost ..😝 )
I mean look at this, whale shark all the way bro...you know that's sucking up some krill. :p

Masi Whale Shark.PNG

·
Registered
608 Posts
Insert image of tweety bird looking out!

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Didn't know that, wow!

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
AAAhhhh damn, Tweety...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts