Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I am in no way affiliated with Sto N Sho or Big Mikes Performance.

But, after a bit of email back on forth, a little nudging now and then they were able to get the Levante (some of them) fit with the plate holder. These are pretty great and no holes drilled into the front plastics. Mounts from under the front and is quickly removable. Around $100 bux and worth it. I refused to drill in the plate holder. Ironically, visiting a couple other dealers around the US I found they were pre-installing that thing! Sad deal....

Right now it looks like some of the grill configurations aren't aviailable but if you have the Levante S or Nerissimo package you should be ok.

https://bigmikesperformanceparts.com/maserati/front-plate-bracket

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
Interesting concept. I do however prefer the tow hook method.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
A license plate on the front of a Maserati Gran Cabrio is an affront to Pininfarina. Keep the second plate in the trunk and if necessary show that there is no way to attach it to the front of this beautiful car. The first concern of dual plate states is...if you are only displaying one plate, where is the other, could it be on another vehicle? By showing you have the other plate, you diffuse that concern.

Been driving Maseratis in dual plate states, without a front plate, over ten years, never a problem.

·
Registered
471 Posts
A license plate on the front of a Maserati Gran Cabrio is an affront to Pininfarina. Keep the second plate in the trunk and if necessary show that there is no way to attach it to the front of this beautiful car. The first concern of dual plate states is...if you are only displaying one plate, where is the other, could it be on another vehicle? By showing you have the other plate, you diffuse that concern.

Been driving Maseratis in dual plate states, without a front plate, over ten years, never a problem.
Here in Denver, the fuzz is quite a bit more douchey about it... They'll just ticket you while parked for no front plate, I think I've paid 8 or 9 in the past 5 years.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
I think its more a local thing. I spent four winters in the Palm Springs area where the economy thrived on the wealthy. I still remember pulling up to a light with my newish QP and seeing a Bentley on one side and a Ferrari on the other (some humility, yes), No one had a front plate and the constabulary didn’t care. I think they knew where their bread was buttered.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great folks to deal with and the product is awesome. On in 30 minutes, and is functional and well built. Happy that I have this product.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts