Maserati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about u guys but I still find my GS slightly too soft when going round corners.
I have asked the agent to check on the current anti roll bars on the GS and compare it to the Trofeo.
The GS is 30mm thick while the Trofeo is 34mm. This is for the front anti roll bar. I dont have the dimensions for the rear.

We are now checking with Maserati on the cost and viability of installing the Trofeo anti roll bars on the GS.

This should solve my problem.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Lung7707 said:
I don't know about u guys but I still find my GS slightly too soft when going round corners.
I have asked the agent to check on the current anti roll bars on the GS and compare it to the Trofeo.
The GS is 30mm thick while the Trofeo is 34mm. This is for the front anti roll bar. I dont have the dimensions for the rear.

We are now checking with Maserati on the cost and viability of installing the Trofeo anti roll bars on the GS.

Whats the speed limit in Singapore? last time I was there the pace was real slow!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I find sport mode pretty much fine, but I have taken the precaution of turning it off in the torential rain we have been having - I live in the sticks where the roads are bumpy, twisty and liable to flood, and I don't fancy too much all that with only 25% traction control. Trouble then is that "comfort" mode is too soft and wallowy for confidence in the wet bends. Hopefully I'll get more used to it (and now the revs are going up beyond 5000), but it would be nice to be able to have the option of the sport suspension with the full traction control on. Stiffening the comfort mode suspension I would thus be in favour of. How? Dunno.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SJP63 said:
Whats the speed limit in Singapore? last time I was there the pace was real slow![/quote]

Limit in spore is 90kmh. But the North South Highway to Kuala Lumpur is .... limitless?????

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gggs said:
I find sport mode pretty much fine, but I have taken the precaution of turning it off in the torential rain we have been having - I live in the sticks where the roads are bumpy, twisty and liable to flood, and I don't fancy too much all that with only 25% traction control. Trouble then is that "comfort" mode is too soft and wallowy for confidence in the wet bends. Hopefully I'll get more used to it (and now the revs are going up beyond 5000), but it would be nice to be able to have the option of the sport suspension with the full traction control on. Stiffening the comfort mode suspension I would thus be in favour of. How? Dunno.
I know exactly what u mean... the problem with changing the roll bars is that...yes comfort mode will stiffens but so will sports mode. Some owners may find it way too hard a ride but I am ok with this as I find sports mode slightly too soft now.

I think tire pressure plays a big role too. Currently, I have my front and rear tires set at 34lbs. I found that setting it at recommended specs of approx. 36lbs for the front and 33lbs for the rear too harsh a ride. The high frequence bounce i experienced was not good on rough roads.

JUst my 2 cents

·
Registered
242 Posts
Would any of you buy a Maserati without SKYHOOK, and just simply lowering the suspension?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
STARDOC said:
Would any of you buy a Maserati without SKYHOOK, and just simply lowering the suspension?
My GS is without the skyhook. I find it a much more direct and a more predictable ride.

·
Registered
242 Posts
My GS is without the skyhook. I find it a much more direct and a more predictable ride.
How would you compare it to a car with the Skyhook? What is the suspension setting like?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
STARDOC said:
How would you compare it to a car with the Skyhook? What is the suspension setting like?
Very hard to explain on paper....

The fixed suspension settings is like the Stradale. It basically has two modes only.. comfort and sports. But generally always firm.

I could not get use to the skyhook system on my Coupe, it wasnt predictable. It would be soft on straight roads at a certain speed then turn firm when u pick up speed and around corners. So when u are at the track...it was really weird feeling going into and out of corners. For passengers at the rear, it was a bouncy experience for them.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thebimbo said:
Well I had kinda assumed that all GS owners had Skyhook although it's an option I assumed everybody buys it...
In Singapore, all the 4 GS are without the Skyhook system. Don't know the reason. Well if u come to Singapore u can try my GS out and compare.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thebimbo said:
Ok Lung I might just do that! You've been warned ;-)
I am very happy to take u out...I'll even throw in a Japanese dinner... serious.

btw the owner of the Japanese restaurant is my good friend who owns a Ferrari 612. Yup, the 612 could be our desert.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just read the new Motor Trend mag. issue comparing the new Spyder CC and the Vette conv. They sang praises of the Spyder with only a couple of complaints, one being a less responsive suspension compared to the vette. Although it went through the slalom at a slightly higher speed I was a little shocked to see that it only did 0.84g's on the skid pad! Could that be the skyhook stiffening and then easing on the suspension?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The dealer came back on the pricing for the Trofeo anti sway bar. US$6k just for the front. The Trofeo does not have rear sway bars.

Apparently, Maserati sub contracts out this part. Its a special order part that they don't keep stock. They cannot even give a timing of when the part will be made and delivered.

I have decided not to buy it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think its the other way around.... I feel the road more without the skyhook.

I drive around nowadays on sports auto 80% of the time. And if I feel alittle bit more racey, I'll switch to manual.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts