Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a car from Florida and it seems the detailer solution and the heat has made the black plastic dash parts and switches tacky. Some I am just going to have to replace, but for those that are difficult (like the Radio/NAV), any ideas on stopping and/or reversing the meltdown?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Won't a few months in Bloomington freeze them back into shape? ;-)

Seriously though, I can't imagine how much it will cost to replace them. Won't be pretty. Is there any recourse to have the detailer (or their insurance) cover part of the cost?

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
my coupe came from Florida as well and I have the same issue. I was just going to live with it - they all work.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Common problem with Ferraris for many years. Lots of great info on Ferrarichat.com to fix the problem.

Quick summary:
1) Remove sticky stuff with EasyOff oven clean or GooGone
2) Either leave black plastic untreated or spray paint black

I've done a few pieces on my F355. I leave the small pieces untreated but spray painted the steering column.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am surprised since it's common an enterprising person does not offer a nice replacement set out of an upgraded material. Sounds like there may be a market for it.

Best Regards,

Thomas Carey

·
Registered
191 Posts
yuck.. sounds like a pain in the azz

is this rubber break down due to just heat ? or heat plus "armor all" type finishing / cleaning products?

what should be avoided to have this not happen ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts