Maserati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

Registered
I'm not going to deny that our work is expensive but I must tell you I've in the process of a 1100 SF addition to my garage at home. I've spent $7K on landscaping alone and that was a small guy who beat out prices of nearly $10K. Not a lot of work either. Sometimes I think I should have been a landscaper. and, the painter is $3500. When you compare those prices and amount of work they do vs what we do, we should charge double. No, I'm not going to but some of the comments crack me up.
Dave,

馃槉Be like Trump and take a HUGE tax write-off on the landscaping and painting (and then pass the savings on to us.)

Registered
I just refurbished my buttons with baby wipes basically between waiting for my wife at various stores. Maybe I didn't have it that bad as my car was never a florida car. But it looks great and I'm certainly not spending ~1/4 of the value of my car on buttons.

Registered
Profit isn't supposed to be a dirty word... if people didn't a make a profit, then we wouldn't be driving around in these cars complaining of 1st world problems... Dave, I have not yet used your work, although I have the price list and feel it is fair for the HIGH QUALITY work done. I have had 2 friends use your work and they are both highly satisficed. I've got some sticky buttons, but "Spray 9" and careful attention got them to a decent situation. When I want the parts done properly, by a pro, you'll get the work.... I hope the garage addition is for a bigger workshop so you can speed up the turn around time...LOL! Have a great week!

Registered
Profit isn't supposed to be a dirty word... if people didn't a make a profit, then we wouldn't be driving around in these cars complaining of 1st world problems... Dave, I have not yet used your work, although I have the price list and feel it is fair for the HIGH QUALITY work done. I have had 2 friends use your work and they are both highly satisficed. I've got some sticky buttons, but "Spray 9" and careful attention got them to a decent situation. When I want the parts done properly, by a pro, you'll get the work.... I hope the garage addition is for a bigger workshop so you can speed up the turn around time...LOL! Have a great week!
Thank you. No the garage is just for my toys at home, the toys I don't have time to work on. We are making a very serious effort next week to recruit more staff but we can't hire more than 1 person at a time as the training is so intense.

For those interested, here are some garage pics. Rotary in ground 2 post lift just installed last week.

Premium Member
I've purchased products on 2 occasions from StickyRX. The quality of the products is superb as is the support from them. If you think their prices are too high (I most certainly don't), then don't buy from them. It truly is as simple as that. Dave does a phenomenal job and perhaps your criticism should be with Maserati...or Ferrari, or Lamborghini, etc...for continuing to sell what I consider to be known defective products.

Registered
+1
If you don't agree with his pricing or product, keep it moving. I'm sure your criticisms are unwanted!

Registered

Registered
"Need" in floor heat might be a stretch... want and damn lucky to have... absolutely! LOL
True - I did not have it prior and had a Hot Dawg heater which works awesome. But since I was pouring a complete new slab, it just made good sense. I also added a trench drain so that should really help. And a warm floor will dry the snow run off quickly too.

Premium Member
True - I did not have it prior and had a Hot Dawg heater which works awesome. But since I was pouring a complete new slab, it just made good sense. I also added a trench drain so that should really help. And a warm floor will dry the snow run off quickly too.
OK Dave, maybe your prices ARE too high! 馃槅

Reactions: Dave Rocks

Registered
New bucket list item...walk barefooted on Dave's heated garage floor during a January snowstorm :p

Registered
2007 Gransport Ltd Grigio alfieri, 2009 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio.
Having sent Ferrari bits to Dave all the way from New Zealand I have to say his quality of work is second to none. The cost is pretty much immaterial... you get what you pay for.

Registered
At first this notorious issue didn't bother me all that much. I've changed my mind after a few months living with sticky, tacky surfaces and buttons every day. It's disgusting. I've attacked everything with alcohol cleaning pads, then 99% alcohol (which took off some of the labels, so that was great) and vigorously rubbing only to have mediocre results - at best. Are our only options really to just live with it or pay through the nose to have it all refinished? Ferrari/Maserati of Palm Beach quoted me 2500 to do it, and Fort Lauderdale quoted me over 5k. This is a ridiculous issue for a car of this supposed caliber to have, to the point where it really detracts from the experience. Really sick of touching sticky, tacky, gummy surfaces all over this car.

/rant
At first this notorious issue didn't bother me all that much. I've changed my mind after a few months living with sticky, tacky surfaces and buttons every day. It's disgusting. I've attacked everything with alcohol cleaning pads, then 99% alcohol (which took off some of the labels, so that was great) and vigorously rubbing only to have mediocre results - at best. Are our only options really to just live with it or pay through the nose to have it all refinished? Ferrari/Maserati of Palm Beach quoted me 2500 to do it, and Fort Lauderdale quoted me over 5k. This is a ridiculous issue for a car of this supposed caliber to have, to the point where it really detracts from the experience. Really sick of touching sticky, tacky, gummy surfaces all over this car.

/rant
this is a common problem for Maserati, Ferrari etc.. anytime they use rubber coating. Use lemon oil and glass cleaner rag, something is is lint free. Once the rubber come off, its like brand new {Cover the round buttons with tape so you do not remove the lettering.

Registered
this is a common problem for Maserati, Ferrari etc.. anytime they use rubber coating. Use lemon oil and glass cleaner rag, something is is lint free. Once the rubber come off, its like brand new {Cover the round buttons with tape so you do not remove the lettering.
So, it's not rubber - it's a soft touch coating and removing it does not make the buttons look new. The soft touch not only adds the soft feel, it lowers the gloss level substantially. Here is an educational video that folks may find valuable:

Registered
We had a 2002 Audi A6 that had the same sticky button issue. Another problem that occurred was all of the legends on the switches such as HVAC would disappear and along with being sticky.

Registered
The guy who washes my car tried one thing, and it removed the labels on the headlight switch. He tried something different, and it worked great. I'll ask him the specific product. It takes some time, he does a few buttons each week, but it works and does not destroy the markings.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts