Maserati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for yet another sticky button thread, However, I wanted to warn everyone to NOT try to rub the sticky off the automatic gearbox display.

I’ve removed the sticky junk from most all of the plastic without any problem. I should have anticipated this piece of plastic would be different. What a disaster.

Ok, I have to say it.....Maserati, I’m really disappointed in you for putting plastic crap, that has a 100% of failing, in your cars. This glaring error only supports the perception of Maserati’s poor quality by the general public. Telling people that Ferrari and Lamborghini has the same glaring quality issue doesn’t help. Shame on you.
58EFD39C-A986-4BB8-B11D-2975E390D320.jpeg

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jason. I still love my QP, just frustrated and still kicking myself as I should have known that piece was going to react differently since light shines through it.
How difficult is it to remove/replace that part?

4,630 Posts
It is easy..Just pops out...Trust me and I get it...Do you know how many times I went to the shop bathroom and had black stuff on my face after being in a car? I literally once had a guys wife on a 456 accuse us of getting the black stuff all over the car..Jason

·
Registered
753 Posts
What Jason said, it's basically a sticker. Great results and not too expensive.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
753 Posts
Here's the after.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NateEvans79

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well then, that seems easy 👍. I’ll give them a call in the morning. Crisis averted!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yea take it to Dave @ StickyRX, great guy and the best at his work also accessible since you’re in NA.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sorry for yet another sticky button thread, However, I wanted to warn everyone to NOT try to rub the sticky off the automatic gearbox display.

I’ve removed the sticky junk from most all of the plastic without any problem. I should have anticipated this piece of plastic would be different. What a disaster.

Ok, I have to say it.....Maserati, I’m really disappointed in you for putting plastic crap, that has a 100% of failing, in your cars. This glaring error only supports the perception of Maserati’s poor quality by the general public. Telling people that Ferrari and Lamborghini has the same glaring quality issue doesn’t help. Shame on you.
View attachment 134040 View attachment 134040 View attachment 134040 View attachment 134040 View attachment 134040
Hi @4door
We appreciate and value your feedback on this concern. Please know that our team does take our customer opinions seriously, and this will be escalated internally for review. Thank you,

MaseratiCares

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi @4door
We appreciate and value your feedback on this concern. Please know that our team does take our customer opinions seriously, and this will be escalated internally for review. Thank you,

MaseratiCares
Seriously? How many complains have Maserati received due to the sticky buttons issue? Have Maserati done anything to solve it? Please escalate it and let us know the feedback, I’m sure they will recall all the cars to get it sorted.... :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All done and looks great! Thanks to everyone for pointing me towards Stickyrx. Their website has an easy to follow video on how to install their product and the finished product looks great.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I did the same on my Gransport AUTO, SPORT and MSP buttons, but to much less a degree than you did....I need to see if they have the stickers for my buttons

·
Registered
107 Posts
I did the same on my Gransport AUTO, SPORT and MSP buttons, but to much less a degree than you did....I need to see if they have the stickers for my buttons
There are no stickers for the GS, you have to send over your switches and get them redone as they’re meant to glow at night.

·
Registered
784 Posts
We only offer this overlay because the OEM was an overlay. Let me be clear, this is not a "sticker", it's an overlay. These are high quality, backside printed with a proper spacer and special adhesive. Yeah, I know it "sticks on" but overlays are far more complex than stickers. We only produce overlays where the OEM parts had an overlay, all other graphics are done via laser etching and not stickers. :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
There are no stickers for the GS, you have to send over your switches and get them redone as they’re meant to glow at night.
Ah bummer...at least mine aren’t too bad, just look well used and worn, but the rest of the car is perfect. Oh well just drive it.....I do turn that MSP off a lot. I have new front tires and figure I need to wear out the rear ones...which requires breaking them free.....Yeee

1 - 16 of 16 Posts