Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been very disappointed with the Maserati stereo, even though I have the 200W upgraded Auditorium system. I left the stock head unit because it is tied into the NAV system and I didn't want to change that entire system as well. I put Focal 165 K2P polykevlar speakers in the front and rear. I put in an Alpine MRV-F345 amp mounted where the rear tire would go. I was going to change the subwoofer also, but once the compartment was opened it turned out that it was only a 5.25" subwoofer that did very little. In addition the shop would've had to build an enclosure for the sub and I wanted everything to look stock. I kept the existing 6 channel CD changer. I also installed XM satellite radio (the XM satellite commander) and mounted the small display on the dashboard right in front of the large vent. The shop is still working out a few kinks with the system. The XM radio cannot be connected to the stock unit directly and we had to use an FM transmitter. Whenever I tune the radio to 88.1, the XM signal takes over. We are working out a minor static issue, and the speakers have a low hissing type sound even when stereo is completely off. This is somehow due to the amp. Even with these issues, the stereo sound so much better. I know my shop will work out the kinks, but I needed the car for an event I had to go to and couldn't leave it longer. It will be going back this week to work out the issue.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have an '05 CC Spyder with XM Sat. install. However, virtually no FM or AM reception. Service manager says it's because radio location gives radio interference.
Any ideas ?
BTW, XM works great as well as CD changer. It is a pain in the ass to have to reprogram CD changer play mode everytime you restart ignition.
A radio on Ferrari or Maserati is just an afterthought for italian auto manufacturers. They love the music of the engine, I guess.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree the 05 spyder sound sysem is not good. I had also considered replacing the speaskers, add a amp, put a sub woofer in the spare tire area. I used MB quartz on my corvette with a 200W amp and drop in sub woofer it was fantastic!!. Has any one put a sub woofer in the spare tire area?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
4 Participants
Mbutter104
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing