Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought one of these today from Crutchfield. Right now they are offering a Free 4 channel 4x50 watt amp module when you purchase the BassLink II subwoofer.

So you can run your 4 speakers off the 4x50 watt amp module, and the Infinity BassLinkII has its own built in 250 watt amp for the Sub.

My plan now is the add a pair of Aura Bass Shakers under each seat using the Stock amp, and power the Focal 6.5 in door speakers, and 5.25 in, Soundstream Mids on the rear rollbar panel with the Amp module. This should be an uncomplicated clean way to get a good sounding system in the Spyder.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-v1Jf3fd5WKl/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=108BASSLN2

·
Registered
835 Posts
demoe said:
I just bought one of these today from Crutchfield. Right now they are offering a Free 4 channel 4x50 watt amp module when you purchase the BassLink II subwoofer.

So you can run your 4 speakers off the 4x50 watt amp module, and the Infinity BassLinkII has its own built in 250 watt amp for the Sub.

My plan now is the add a pair of Aura Bass Shakers under each seat using the Stock amp, and power the Focal 6.5 in door speakers, and 5.25 in, Soundstream Mids on the rear rollbar panel with the Amp module. This should be an uncomplicated clean way to get a good sounding system in the Spyder.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-v1Jf3fd5WKl/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=108BASSLN2
so...you are planning to run wires from the new amp to the existing ISO B connector and from NIT to the Shakers?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan to have my regualar car audio shop do the work, they do show car quality custom systems. But after reading the manual I believe I would run the Basslink off its Speaker Level Inputs to obtain the signal, then run a set of wires off the BassLink Amp Module, back to the 4 cabin speakers. I would then, either re-wire, or re-direct the stock wire to under each front seat to run the Aura Bass Shakers from the Stock amp.

this is my plan, I will have to have the shop look it over and tell me if I am reading this right.

I just see this as a way to achieve the benefits of a Subwoofer, amp, without the typical need for a huge box, separate amp, crossover, and multitudes of wires.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maserati of minneapolis said:
Is 4x50 really gonna do the job? I run my corners on a 500w 4 channel with another 400w class D mono amp for the sub, although I probably listen to the music louder than most. I would think 4x50 is not much more than stock..?

- Mark
Mark,

you aren't one of those licence plate rattlin hip hop lovers are you? ;).

While I do think 50x4 is a bit low, I am assuming the stock amp is not a high quality one, based on the speakers they threw in.

like they say about 'watts' and other things, its the quality, not size that matters.

·
Registered
909 Posts
demoe said:
Mark,

you aren't one of those licence plate rattlin hip hop lovers are you? ;).

While I do think 50x4 is a bit low, I am assuming the stock amp is not a high quality one, based on the speakers they threw in.

like they say about 'watts' and other things, its the quality, not size that matters.
OK so about half my music is hip-hop, but the other half is stuff like Floyd, Hendrix, and Tool, which demand a good stereo to turn up loud. Not to mention I prefer windows down to A/C, even when it is 100 degrees out.

Granted, watts isn't the big thing, considering good tube amps aren't generally higher than 40 or 50w, and put out amazing sound, but I would wonder about a freebie amp that is 50x4, with an RMS thats probably around 18 or 22W/channel. I know the stock system isn't that much, but it would surprise me if this is more power than that. I'd imagine if you're gonna go to the trouble of re-wiring and what not that its really not worth it unless its going to be right the first time.

- Mark

·
Registered
835 Posts
have to side with Mark. bigger amp output can drive your speakers without straining, at the same time your music will sound cleaner and more defined at all volume levels. you can play your music louder but music can be distorted if there isn't enough rms power. i think you should hook up the amp you're planning to use first, get a better amp if it isn't enough to push the focal speakers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts