Maserati Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Im getting this squeak/squeal in my GranTurismo. It is rather quiet and you cant hear it if their is music on. But if I am going slow or stopped and I turn the wheel in either direction I get a sound I dont think is supposed to be their. Does anyone know if this is common? Thanks

·
Registered
431 Posts
steering wheel squeek

quickest solution is to spray some WD40 or light oil at the base of the steering wheel. taking it to dealer might mean more trouble but in any case you should let them know by writing a letter for the record. Cover any leather areas first.

·
Registered
357 Posts
A squeak in a new Maserati? Dude, this isn't a 20 year old Chevy. Forget squirting WD-40 all up in things blindly. That stuff isn't even a lubricant but will disolve whatever lube is supposed to be in there. I'd guess there's a fault with the horn contact but, whatever it is, get the dealer to actually fix it right. Things that squeak will just get worse and worse

·
Registered
431 Posts
squeek in steering

If you think the slight squeek is coming from the bottom plastic part of steering wheel rubbing against plastic part of dash then its ok to squirt some wd 40 to see if it cures the problem. Otherwise take it to dealer.

Best of Bombay luck duck!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 09 does this too.

I also get squeaks from the suspension at slow speeds, particularly when the car is just started and cold.

Decided against the WD40 route for @Fastfreddy's reasons.

Will disassemble parts of the column and see where it's coming from when I get a chance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The steering squeak is definitely coming from inside the cabin. There's no way it's in the engine bay or a wheel bearing.

The sound appears to emanate from the join where the wheel meets the steering column. It's a very very "small" sound, if I can put it that way. What you might expect from an old door hinge, but very faint.

The suspension noise is almost certainly coming from the springs, perhaps the spring seats or something like that.

Richard.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I think this thread should get an award for most resurrected.

oddly, I also have experience both noises, steering wheel squeak (definitely from the wheel inside the cabin) and the suspension noises (supposedly coming from the spring towers).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.