Maserati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Jealousy... how much work and cost would it be to actually install with transferring the airbag and connecting every button too? Can't imagine it's easy by any stretch.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Jealousy... how much work and cost would it be to actually install with transferring the airbag and connecting every button too? Can't imagine it's easy by any stretch.
Not bad at all...the hardest part is getting the airbag off. Takes a bit of patience but takes all of maybe 5 mins to take off the old steering wheel once the airbag is off. Swapping out switches is a matter of taking out some screws and unplugging/plugging in ribbon cables.

For anyone looking to do it, these two videos helped a lot.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If anyone is interested I would sell these CF switch covers for your wheel. Paid $599 for the pair. I would take $450 including shipping to the US 48

Never installed them as I bought these for the wheel and the wheel came with them.

They complete the look and feel for sure and gets rid of the sticky problems.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The steering wheel IS OEM, just recovered with leather and carbon. It's how they all are done.

Happy, you bet! It is one of the things in the car I enjoy the most, very visual and tactile.

I dunno, my car was 150K new, so it's worth it to me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
The one i ordered thru ECI has white stitching to match the seats with white stitching
I ordered it with black stitching. My interior has both black and red stitching (black on edges/outer areas). Picked the national Italy colors for the top steering wheel ring.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Once i get all my parts installed ill upload pixs

i also went with italian flag On the upper part of the wheel

one thing i made them do is make the bottom of the wheel flat

·
Registered
152 Posts
Here's mine...

Italian flag colored center ring and matching stitching.

Bought it last year but finally got a chance to install it this past weekend. Will snap a picture of it in the car later.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ebay steering wheel prices are high... i doubt anyone would want to pay over $500 for a steering wheel
Yeah, someone needed to impart this.Very nice steering wheels, but damn... This is the first time I've heard of one coming apart.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here's mine...

Italian flag colored center ring and matching stitching.

Bought it last year but finally got a chance to install it this past weekend. Will snap a picture of it in the car later.
Wow! Super nice with carbon fiber. Super sweet with (I imagine) a price sticker to match.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts