Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The center cover on my steering wheel, which covers the airbag I think, is showing delamination of the leather from the underlying frame. Is it possible to replace just the cover, or does the whole airbag assembly have to be replaced? I looked at Eurospares, but on that site it looks like the whole assembly needs to be replaced.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey, I just searched the forum and came across your post. I also have steering wheel leather shrinkage. It looks like it is bubbling from underneath. I am not sure if someone put a hot shop light next to it, or if the moisture from the recent rains did it....but this is bugging me !
I am thinking that it cannot be reupholstered without activating the airbag, or....?
I have an o2 coupe with a black steering wheel.

The center cover on my steering wheel, which covers the airbag I think, is showing delamination of the leather from the underlying frame. Is it possible to replace just the cover, or does the whole airbag assembly have to be replaced? I looked at Eurospares, but on that site it looks like the whole assembly needs to be replaced.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
94 Posts
The leather shrinking is a common problem, its worse on Ferrari's.

Your best bet is to remove the airbag and see if a leather shop will recover it for you.

PM me the last of your vin number and what color leather you have and I can get you a quote for replacing the airbag.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts