Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone with a recent X431 try resetting their steering angle sensor?
If you can connect and reset, what version is the SAS module? I believe this function is in a separate category from Maserati.
I have an older version of this with the SAS at 10.47 and it does not connect under any of the SAS-Maserati or other possible vehicles. This is a function I need to do on my car after an alignment.
This would help my decision on the X431 group buy.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is to reset the sensor. I do it on other cars after an alignment, but I've not used this in the X431. They X431 docs state it's to reset the sensor(well, reset the computer) to know "straight ahead".

3,986 Posts
You shouldn't need to reset a steering angle sensor after an alignment really...Your locking the steering wheel at dead center with a lock tool and then adjusting the suspension..The sensor is on the steering column and none of that is changing....Jason

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Normally this is the case, but I've had to reset this on several cars now due to bad shops - where they didn't center the wheel properly. Or in the case of my GS(by a PO), reset the sensor with the alignment off.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I haven't seen an option for resetting it through the general options. I'll have to have a look through all the module special functions. If you know where it is on the SD2 options that will help me narrow it down where to look.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From one of the main screens, go to "Reset" at the top bar. In there should be SAS Reset. Same level as when you pick the marque.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts