Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Maserati Quattroporte S
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my Quattroporte when you switch the source to AUX you just hear a bunch of static and loud hissing. If you plug something into the aux port you can hear the sound of the music but it's very faint and hollow, like a bad connection. I'm trying to figure out what I need to track down to get it to play properly. I installed a Naviplus unit and need the Aux input for the sound of my carplay. What a headache.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
So after tearing everything apart and completely breaking down the aux/usb port, I stripped back the tape for the vehicles harness and found the 2 wires for the right side signal of the AUX not connected to anything. The black wire is the ground for the left and right side of the input. What’s even more strange is that on the radio side of the connector, the right side audio isn’t even pinned in the connector!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, that's crazy, glad you found the culprit.
I still can't seem to get proper sound out, or anything from the right side audio even with those wires jumped. The car has been apart for a week just because of this aux input, I'm not sure what else to check, I may have to give up smh.

·
Registered
201 Posts
weird, maybe buy a new aux input - shouldn't be too expensive - if the cable to the head unit is fine, then could be something with the head unit?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
weird, maybe buy a new aux input - shouldn't be too expensive - if the cable to the head unit is fine, then could be something with the head unit?
I’ve been fussing with this thing for a week. My temporary solution is a good FM modulator to feed the aux signal from the Naviplus unit to get some decent sound through it. I’m still going to see if I’m able to get a replacement switch to try if the item is refundable in case it’s not the issue.The cheapest I’ve seen that part is about $60 USD on scuderia parts. USB audio is still working perfectly so that’s still an option when I want better sound quality. I’m an audiophile at heart though so I may eventually build out a complete system using full DSP and some SQ components.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I’ve been fussing with this thing for a week. My temporary solution is a good FM modulator to feed the aux signal from the Naviplus unit to get some decent sound through it. I’m still going to see if I’m able to get a replacement switch to try if the item is refundable in case it’s not the issue.The cheapest I’ve seen that part is about $60 USD on scuderia parts. USB audio is still working perfectly so that’s still an option when I want better sound quality. I’m an audiophile at heart though so I may eventually build out a complete system using full DSP and some SQ components.
keep up the great work!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts