Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I bought my first Maserati 4200 Spyder with several issues.

But the first one I want to fix is the cambiocorsa one... otherwise I can´t drive.

So when I open the car I can here the F1 pump working. I can start the engine and let it idle for minutes, but when I starting to hit the gaspedal the cambio corsa light is coming and the engine is going off.

I can switch gears and move forward and put it also in reverse, but out of nothing the light is coming and the engine is going off.

I also have this loose gear lever which I´m fixing. Could this cause this problem because there is no defined position of it?!

Also could anybody recommends an obd tool for the car which does cost hundreds or thousands of $?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
484 Posts
You can pick up a Launch X431 Pro Mini on eBay for about $600-$800USD. You won't be able to diagnose a CC issue without it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Look at the launch thinkdiag ..same program as x431 but only one brand for a year ..about 100 dollars ..

Just check your model is covered on either one

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,442 Posts
Will it go into gear with the engine running?

C

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes, it will. Also reverse. I moved the car from a trailer to my garage.

But after the engine is going off suddenly when the CC light is coming, I´m afraid to move the car on the street.

It also happend that I started the engine and it immadelety turned off. I don´t want to be stranded at the middle of a cross....

Edit: Is this the reader I need? Click sooooft
It´s 125?!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Spend the money and get it scanned at dealer. This happened to me and i am 8000 dollars in and car still will not move.
Clutch,clutch sensor,F1 pump motor,F1 pump relay,Brake switch,hood latch,and other things could be possible.
better to spend the 400 dollars and have it diagnosed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Please let me know if you fix the issue as mine has been sitting for 8 months and dealer scanner shows nothing wrong with mine but reves and will not drive. Good Luck

·
Registered
126 Posts
I know it won’t tell you everything but a basic WiFi ODB2 scanner will still hook up and potentially show you some issues. They are dirt cheap now.

for what you are describing, A quick scan at a dealer or independent with the correct software maybe you best and most affordable bet though. My independent would probably do it for free and I’d imagine others may as well as a gesture to get you in their shop and earn your future business

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Without the lever connected to the car it won’t start.

So I fixed the lever, pluged it in at started the engine. It runs well, also reving is possible without turning the engine off.

I put it also in first gear and moved a bit forward and also reverse and moved back. I switched between first and reverse several times and the cc light was not coming!
I don‘t know if this was the issue... will do an oil change next.

in future I will still need it scanned. Is this tool I posted in my last comment the right one? Its only 125€.

I won‘t go to a dealer. Here in my area it‘s expensive and the result will not be sufficient. I prefer to do it by my own

·
Registered
484 Posts
Without the lever connected to the car it won’t start.

So I fixed the lever, pluged it in at started the engine. It runs well, also reving is possible without turning the engine off.

I put it also in first gear and moved a bit forward and also reverse and moved back. I switched between first and reverse several times and the cc light was not coming!
I don‘t know if this was the issue... will do an oil change next.

in future I will still need it scanned. Is this tool I posted in my last comment the right one? Its only 125€.

I won‘t go to a dealer. Here in my area it‘s expensive and the result will not be sufficient. I prefer to do it by my own

You really do need to read the codes. The problem is that there are any number of issues that can cause the car to cut out or refuse to go into gear. Just off the top of my head, low hydraulic pressure, F1 sensor failure, worn clutch, signal faults to the paddles, switches and pedals, seized throwout bearing and probably a bunch of other things I haven't seen yet can do what you describe.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Spend the money and get it scanned at dealer. This happened to me and i am 8000 dollars in and car still will not move.
Clutch,clutch sensor,F1 pump motor,F1 pump relay,Brake switch,hood latch,and other things could be possible.
better to spend the 400 dollars and have it diagnosed.
Okay, time to start sharing the specifics of what is wrong and what has been done. I haven't even spent that and I bought a car that was broken when I started and had to learn how to diagnose everything as I went. If you can share the comments on the service receipts that will help give us an idea of what the techs thought was wrong and what they were doing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for the link. I read both descriptions, on the german and english/american side. So I don´t really need a update every year.... since I have he software for one manufactur, in this case Maserati, it will work as long as I have the software.

Sure, I won´t get updates... but what kind of update will the 4200 have in future?! I think none.

Could somebody proof I can scan the CC with that modul/software and do some special work like bleeding the system and check/change the PIS after a clutch job?

If yes, I would order it.

Also I want to ask i there are moduls for the roof? Mine is not open and I would also like to know why not. Would it also work with this software?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
484 Posts
Also that bleeding of the CC works i.e.? Or checking the PIS?
Yes, all the factory functions. When I was getting some help from Barbagallos in Perth, they ended up buying the same tool as they liked that it was portable for checking things while driving compared to the dealer tools, and they drive out a lot to people. They said it had access to all the same functions they use.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you.

I quote the wrong post. My question was related to the post of @SwissGSpyder because the obd tool he posted is 1/10 of the price.

HI Guys i guess this one should also fit. You can renew the abo on a year bases. Launch X431 ThinkDiag Profi Auto OBD2 Diagnosegerät Scanner ALLE SYSTEM TPMS EPB | eBay ( German/ European Version), Launch X431 Thinkdiag OBD2 Full System Power than Easydiag Diagnostic Tool with 3 Free Software ( American Version)
Do you know if the bleeding of the CC works i.e.? Or checking the PIS with this software?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Okay, time to start sharing the specifics of what is wrong and what has been done. I haven't even spent that and I bought a car that was broken when I started and had to learn how to diagnose everything as I went. If you can share the comments on the service receipts that will help give us an idea of what the techs thought was wrong and what they were doing.
Hello

Well it started with the car stalling every now and then at a light when i first touch the gas.
then one day it stalled and would never start again till i reset the battery.
After reset the car would start but soon as i touch the gas car would stall and CC light would come on in the dash.

Changed F1 pump and relay did not fix the problem.
Purchased New Clutch,Release Bearing and position sensor had it all replaced and something changed, the car would start and allow me to Rev up to 3k-4k RPM and didn't stall so i thought the problem was correct.

Had sent it to Maserati Mechanic to scan and set the PIS and bleed the F1 system but that didnt work as the car will run but will not drive.

will go into gear fine according to indicator just will not move as i can hear the engagement but something is stopping it from moving like a safety or bad computer communication.

sent it to get all the computers checked. ECU,TCM,and all and everything came back good.

Installed new Clutch solenoid and new Brake switch and still no luck.

Everything was stripped twice to be sure that everything was together right and it was.

Car has sat for 8 months and had it towed to many places to try and have it fixed and nobody can find what is wrong with it.

Sorry this post is so long but wanted to share all the info as hopefully someone can shed some light and help me get this car fixed.

Thanks

·
Registered
484 Posts
Well the first thing that doesn't sound right, is that if you're getting a gearbox light, you definitely should have gearbox codes. The codes are what sets off the light.

The second thing, is that is quite the array of parts to be changed with no results from the scan tools. Just changing things blindly doesn't seem right, there should be a diagnostic reason some parts were selected to be replaced.

The thing that shows up to me is that you had the clutch replaced, and everything was fine for a while, and then the PIS was set and now it won't move. It could be as simple as the PIS being set too tight and the car stalling out. Unfortunately for you, you either need to get a competent mechanic, or a scantool yourself and start giving us specific readouts. A working scantool will let you engage each gear individually, measure the clutch position while its moving and engaging, measure system pressure, check the throttle position and torque requests so you can make sure the ECU/TCU are talking to each other etc. So you can definitely work out what isn't working, but you either need to take a DIY interest or fly someone over who can fix it. Craig Waterman is still active, though hard to reach, and @[email protected] Enzo`s Atlanta seems to have some old hat experience.

4,630 Posts
Well the first thing that doesn't sound right, is that if you're getting a gearbox light, you definitely should have gearbox codes. The codes are what sets off the light.

The second thing, is that is quite the array of parts to be changed with no results from the scan tools. Just changing things blindly doesn't seem right, there should be a diagnostic reason some parts were selected to be replaced.

The thing that shows up to me is that you had the clutch replaced, and everything was fine for a while, and then the PIS was set and now it won't move. It could be as simple as the PIS being set too tight and the car stalling out. Unfortunately for you, you either need to get a competent mechanic, or a scantool yourself and start giving us specific readouts. A working scantool will let you engage each gear individually, measure the clutch position while its moving and engaging, measure system pressure, check the throttle position and torque requests so you can make sure the ECU/TCU are talking to each other etc. So you can definitely work out what isn't working, but you either need to take a DIY interest or fly someone over who can fix it. Craig Waterman is still active, though hard to reach, and @[email protected] Enzo`s Atlanta seems to have some old hat experience.

He has a PM'd several times in the past, but we weren't able to get it fixed via the internet...Sometimes you gotta see stuff to fix it...It is very difficult when several people have had their hands all over it..God knows what they did....Jason

Reactions: Dirty Dog
1 - 20 of 61 Posts