Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the starter motor on my 1992 Biturbo spyder (2.8 18v). I looked this up on one website which listed the required item as suitable for a wide range of care, including some everyday vehicles (VW Golf, Peugeot etc). I have a feeling that the minute that I mention to a parts supplier that the starter I want is for a Maserati, there wil be a sharp intake of breath and a quick escalation of rpice.....Does anyone know which generic (Lucas? Bosch? other?) starter motor fits the car.

I appreciate that I can also get the one I have reconditioned, which may be the way foreward, but I would be interested to establsih which part fits?

Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a different engine. but I think the starter is in the same place - it is under the inlet manifold on top of the engine!

I would contact MIE for a replacement, or you may be able to get the existing one rebuilt.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the reply. What side of the engine would it be on?
You've actually hijacked someone elses thread - the starter is not on either side - it is on top at the rear of the V.

Here is a photo from Enrico's Maserati Page and you can see the starter just at the top of the flywheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry didn't think it was a hijack since it was the same topic and no one answered the guy since he posted in July. I am new here and didn't want to start another starter thread and get in trouble from admins for doing so :0)
Thanks for the pic

1 - 6 of 6 Posts