Maserati Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading all of the Window Regulator threads I can find but most are rather old. I didn't want my question to get lost at the end of 4 page thread that began 4 years ago so I started a new one. I apologize if any of this is repetitive but I could use some advice before spending money.

I removed the door panel and the regulator / motor from the door. I used the guide I found in one the aforementioned threads and it's attached. Thank you to whoever posted it originally. It's on the money. When got the parts out of the car, I could see the Star bolt / Regulator Repair Pin seems to be the issue..Pics attached. My question is, is this as simple as it looks and as this Vendor with Pins for sale on Ebay makes it sound for $99. Or would I be better off sending the whole assembly to this Guy, who fixes it and sends it back for $175 ? Has anyone ever dealt with these guys? I def do not want to spend $900 on a new regulator ...if I can even find one. All thoughts would be appreciated. IMG_1841.jpg IMG_1840.jpg IMG_1838.jpg IMG_1839.jpg IMG_1842.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
I bought the $99 pin. It fit ok but wouldn’t work for me as I think the actual star shaped part of the regulator arm had distorted some. Sooooo…. I bought a cheap flux core welder at Home Depot and welded the pin in there. . It’s not pretty but no one can see it and it’s holding up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts