Maserati Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have noticed that when I take the car out, I hear squeaks coming from the rear shocks for a few minutes, then the sound disappears even if I go over the bumpiest of roads.

I wonder if some parts need to be warmed up in the suspensions or whether it's a problem.

Any one got any ideas? :confused:

·
Registered
211 Posts
could be TO bearing?

I remember having a similar squeek problem from what I thought were my rear shocks on take off, but the dealer said it was the TO bearing and replaced it under warrenty. no more squeek.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have the same issue with my car. I had the dealer look at it during my last service. They cleaned/lubricated all of the suspension pieces and the noise went away, but it only lasted for a month.

Eric

·
Registered
76 Posts
Isn't factory warranty 4 years / 50K miles?

No I am not (car is MY2005 but was registered in Dec 2004, so out of warranty since Dec 2007
)
In July 2007, I bought a used 2005 CC from my local dealership (February 2005 in-service date / 6K miles). The car came with a factory warranty good for 4 years / 50K miles - as part of our negotiations, I got the extended warranty under the certified pre-owned vehicle plan (5 years / 90K miles). Maybe only North America has the basic 4 year warranty?

In any case, my driver side rear spring squeaks occasionally when compressed hard (like when going over a speed bump). The dealership couldn't replicate the problem (big suprise), but I'm biding my time since I have until Feb 2010 under warranty. If nothing else has gone wrong before then, I'll ask the service guys to ride around with me until we can recreate the problem.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It's 4 years for the '05 model year (at least in the US)

For the 2006 model year it is 4 years/50,000 miles in the US. I don't know about the 2005, you can check your book.
I don't know about outside the US, but Maserati North America factory warranty on 2005 model year vehicles is 4 years from in-service date - just like the 2006 model year. You might want to take another look at your paperwork BigFoot - the dealer may well owe you warranty work (if they can "replicate the problem" - LOL).

·
Registered
35 Posts
With my MY04 CC I had loud squeaks when going slowly over bumps that compressed the springs.
After some experiments with lubrication, stabilizer at the rear axle the dealer changed the rear shocks (skyhook), fortunately still on warranty, and the noise was gone.
Bert

·
Registered
152 Posts
Tivo

I get the Tivo sound as well. It very rare (~once every 2 months on my daily driver) and only happens once or twice when it does so I can't really tell where it's coming from. Can't even imagine what it causing it. It literally sounds like the fast forward button on a Tivo and/or when you drop one of those red plastic cups people use at keg parties.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts