Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
I read before some responds on the squeaking noise when you start driving from a standing position. Some of you wrote that the dealer had to update some software and that solved the problem, other said that the clutch was worn in an uneven way and that was covered by the warranty.
My car has 19,800 miles, the sound is very weak and only once in a while when you push it hard, otherwise it shifts and runs great. The dealer here in Palm Beach, FL. didn't hear about any software updates- could any of you will be kind enough to give some more details about this issue.
Also, when I bought the car it had all the navigation discs but the one I need for Florida. Can any of you make a copy of an existing one or have a Florida one that he doesn't use and I can give you back any of the other discs for any part of the country.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Even though the dealer told me it was a matter of upgrading the software, he also adjusted the "kiss" point, and it only lasted for a few weeks, so I think the software upgrade didn't help at all. And my car is a 2005 GranSport, maybe yours already have the new software or the QP is different from the GS.

The same dealer is telling me now that the clutch is glazed and needs to be replaced, paid by me because warranty will not cover it.

I know that some guys here in this forum had clutches replaced under warranty.

The warranty on these cars is not clear, it changes from dealer to dealer. I've heard that it all depends on the relationship between the dealer and MNA, also the way the service manager writes his report to MNA to get the service paid.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. If anyone knows how to replace the clutch under warranty please let me know. The service manager told me straight forward that clutch replacement will not be covered under warranty, but he will evaluate the clutch for me next week.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Does not sound like the clutch, sounds like a bad bearing. I just had mine done, and there have been a few threads in last 2 weeks on here about others that had the same problem. Good news is that it is covered under warranty.

eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts