Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did I spell that right? Anyway, some of you may recall that we have noted noise from underneath; some of us thought connecting rods, not enough grease or that the sway bars made everything tighter so the interior noise was more.....took it in to Franz Blam Racing here in Atlanta; he noted that the underguard shield I'll call it was rubbing against the front sway bar and there was a visible spot on the bar and the shield; he cut the shield back a little; Franz said these shields are not standard and probably they all fit a little different. He also noted it was not touching while on the lift b/c the supension was hanging from the shield, hope this helps! PS grease was as good as the day he packed it according to him! PSS I do not hear the noise now:D dogdoc

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Franz said these shields are not standard and probably they all fit a little different. He also noted it was not touching while on the lift b/c the supension was hanging from the shield, hope this helps!
Dog - great that you got that resolved...

So, a good addition to the installation notes for FormulaDynamics' instructions would be to check the sway bars and shield for clearance with the suspension pre-loaded and loaded.

·
Vendor
4,738 Posts
We'll add some notes to the install guide for future installs.

We did spend a bit of time with the design to get the larger bars to fit in just right! With that said the Maserati is handmade and there is a bit of variance to many of the parts / fitment between cars.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Jeff

Franz agreed; saying that all the parts like the shield are probably not unifrom in their clearance underneath as they are handmade parts,dodgoc PS noise gone!!!!!!!!!!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts