Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for info/advice on whether the factory wind screen/stop is worth the $1K my dealer is asking. Are there any other options out there? I contacted a company online (www.LoveTheDrive.com) that makes wind stops for a variety of convertibles to see if they'll do a custom job but, haven't heard back yet.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have taken mine off!
Don't knot if it has any bigger effect normally, but for me - either slow (cruising at 40mph or less) or fast (160+mph) and seldom in between - it's perfectly fine without it.
At slow speeds I haven't noticed much wind around the neck and going fast it's almost calm in the cab. Can't say much about speeds in between, but it took away some of the view backwards, especially with the top up and that's why I removed it originally.

YMMV
/F.

·
Registered
722 Posts
The stock one is a thin black screen which does adversely affect rear vision with the top up and especially at night. I would not pay anywhere near $1K for it, maybe $100.

There is another company that makes clear plastic custom wind deflectors. They aren't cheap either but are probably a better bet.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. There's no way I'm going to sink a grand into something that has marginal benefit and blocks view to boot. Dean - do you have the name of that company that makes the custom plexiglass?

·
Registered
49 Posts
The windstop works well...

But $1k is robbery. I just took a look at my sticker and it was a $425 option. If you need documentation, let me know. $425 is still a premium, but at least you have something to compare to.

·
Registered
835 Posts
it's fine without them. Mine have been sitting in the trunk for about 2+ years now. It's a pain to put them on, do little when the top is down but the mid section blocks the rear view when the top is up.

·
Registered
722 Posts
... Dean - do you have the name of that company that makes the custom plexiglass?
Sorry, I took a look and can't locate them. I think they were also pretty expensive, must have been maybe $500 to make me lose interest.

Now I just leave the factory screen on for summer commutes w/top down (keeps the wind from drying out my eyes) and take it off in the winter for better visibility with the top op.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts