Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am desperately trying to find anyone who has driven a GT spyder. Dealer had none in stock so I was not able to test drive or even sit in one before I ordered. Have read some reviews that the shift lever is to far forward to drive comfortably. Would love to hear opinions from anyone who has driven one for more time than the reviewers in magazines, who I have found in past not reliable as they have very limited time behind the wheel. Also was wondering if anyone has ordered a car and how close to being on time with delivery Maserati is. My dealer shows my car as locked out for changes as of now, with A FEB 11 complete date. I am hoping to get my car here to me in the Boston, MA, area around the beginning of March. I have ordered BMW's and Porsche's in the past and they have car carriers coming over on a weekly basis but doubt that many cars being shipped from Italy. Thanks in advance, Scott

·
Registered
11 Posts
I test drove both the coupe and spyder in GT and CC form extensively prior to finally getting a coupe CC. I did not find the stick shift too far forward, it was just right (I've had many BMW's). The only thing about the stick is that 2nd gear requires a firm action and a bit more mental concentration to engage when the transmission is cold. This goes both for 1st to 2nd as well as 3rd to 2nd. A gentle BMW-like 3rd to 2nd shift with the wrist will land you in 4th. However, once the transmission is warmed up, the action gets much easier and is nolonger a problem. If you want a stick, you will be happy with it once you get used to it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, your post has helped put my mind at ease. The learning and concentrating on shifting is what I am looking forward to, also car will only be driven in spring and summer so should warm up quickly. car I traded was an M3 with the SMG and while it is a great feature and am sure the Maserati CC is great also, I missed the clutch. If car was an everyday diver I would have gone with the CC but I will only be going for fun drives with my Spyder so I want the challenge of shifting

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
scott
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing