Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 and am concerned with the cowl shake. I understand that later models have a carbon support upgrade but have no details. I'd like some specifics on this.

Maserati has been great in getting some bugs out of the car but I have never approached them on this problem. Is there a retro-fit? Will Maserati consider the upgrade for free?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sarasota said:
I have a 2002 and am concerned with the cowl shake. I understand that later models have a carbon support upgrade but have no details. I'd like some specifics on this.

Maserati has been great in getting some bugs out of the car but I have never approached them on this problem. Is there a retro-fit? Will Maserati consider the upgrade for free?
I doubt there'd be a retro fit under warranty, though if anyone else has details of how things could be strengthened after-market then I'd like to hear more about it - some kind of X-brace might help but I dunno.

The cowl shake is pretty bad, but it doesn't seem to harm the handling of the car so I'm inclined to live with it ...

Ewan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree that it doesn't hurt handling but it is annoying. What hurts handling is the spring travel. I have been in a coupe where they lowered the springs 50 mm (2") and it appeared fine without bottoming. The dealer recommended 1" but to date, I have done nothing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts