Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
the plastic window in my '02 Spyder is getting very opaque and the cloth has some sign of wear in two spots on top of the doors...
so all in all I would like to fix these issue by replacing the cloth and the window which don't seem to come very cheap.

Later models had a much nicer glass window and I know it is possible to fit this window on previous models though the structure of the roof should be changed.

Does anyone now exactly what part of the roof need replacing for this conversion? The glass window is far more practical and looks much better on a car of this class. Given the cost of a new cloth and plastic window it might make sense to just upgrade.

Would electronic/hydraulic components need to be replaced as well?

Thanks for any help.

cheers,

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hello,
the plastic window in my '02 Spyder is getting very opaque and the cloth has some sign of wear in two spots on top of the doors...
so all in all I would like to fix these issue by replacing the cloth and the window which don't seem to come very cheap.

Later models had a much nicer glass window and I know it is possible to fit this window on previous models though the structure of the roof should be changed.

Does anyone now exactly what part of the roof need replacing for this conversion? The glass window is far more practical and looks much better on a car of this class. Given the cost of a new cloth and plastic window it might make sense to just upgrade.

Would electronic/hydraulic components need to be replaced as well?

Thanks for any help.

cheers,
Rear screen can be polished pretty successfully with an inexpensive bottle of cream, can't quite remember the name, but do a forum search on polishing rear screen or words to that effect.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems like there is something listed as "Glass window upgrade" for MY '02 Spyder but it's not displaying it... maybe out of stock...
will try to contact them. The price for the plastic window version though is exactly the same as an OEM roof from eurospares...

·
Registered
65 Posts
When I had my 02 Spyder, the top had a variety of wear issues and was ultimately replaced under warranty, and the dealer installed the newer top with the glass window - so I know it can be done! They did tell me it would have been an $18,000 job though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts