Maserati Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the seemingly huge popularity of the Quattroporte.. they are sold out now through the end of 2005 I am wondering if as these cars become more well known will this stabilize the plunging prices of spyder and GT?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont know if everybody realizes one of the major reasons that prices of Spyders and GT's are sooo depressed. When I purchased my car in June I received a 14.5% discount off sticker. When I was discussing this with the finance manager he told me the reason why. Ferrari is trying soo hard to make Maserati successful in America they are offering a specific deal to its dealers. For every 3 or 4 Maseratis (spyders and GTs) sold here, a dealer get an extra Ferrari alloted to them. Considering Ferraris sell at from 50-100k or more over sticker price a dealer knows that they can sell the Maseratis at a discount, maybe break even, just to get that extra Ferrari. Until Ferrari discontinues this practice, which I hope happens with the Quattroporte success the depressed prices will continue. As long as the new cars are selling for 10-15k under sticker the used ones of course will be pushed down as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.