Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the seemingly huge popularity of the Quattroporte.. they are sold out now through the end of 2005 I am wondering if as these cars become more well known will this stabilize the plunging prices of spyder and GT?

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
I don't think so. Different class of cars. The Quattroporte is designed to traget those that might get a 7 series BMW or s class mercedes. The Spyder and GT are the sports cars and will remain for the more aggressive drivers. I don't think we will see lots of topics about Quattroporte owners fitting Tubi exhaust to their cars for more power. Then again I could be wrong and I can't wait to see how this car is received by owners.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think it could help current Coups and Spyders, Just the fact you will hear that Maserati is around again should be a plus. I still have people tell me every week when they find out what my car is that they did not know Maserati was sold here. All the buzz about the Quattroporte should also get more people into the dealerships and will give them their first look at Maserati's and with such a long wait for a Quattroporte you might see a few people pick up a coup. Would be nice to see a couple of more Maserati's on the road, In the 6 months of me driving mine I have seen only one other. With prices about the same as 911 I do understand why they have not caught on better. Speaking of Porsche I went with my brother yesterday to Porsche dealer so he could order the new 987 Boxster S which I thought was dumb as he will be trading in his 2004 Boxster S with 2,400 miles, Just to get a bump up to 280HP, and the redesigned look that I could not see much difference looking at the brochure. This dealer tried to sell me a 911 last fall but could not make deal as the price of the options seemed to bump the base way to high and they would not budge on price so I walked out and they figured I would be back. Wrong, I ordered my Spyder the next day. So was fun to drive my car there yesterday and pull right up front in-between a couple of 911's then watch people who were there looking at Porches all walk over and check out my car, after standing there for about 10 minutes answering questions I started to feel a little funny and decided to move my car and as I fired up my car with a little extra gas my Tubi set off the alarm on the 911 right next to me :lol: I think I might have cost them a sale or two when I told them the discounts Maserati was willing to give to move cars. I think they were happy to see me leave

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont know if everybody realizes one of the major reasons that prices of Spyders and GT's are sooo depressed. When I purchased my car in June I received a 14.5% discount off sticker. When I was discussing this with the finance manager he told me the reason why. Ferrari is trying soo hard to make Maserati successful in America they are offering a specific deal to its dealers. For every 3 or 4 Maseratis (spyders and GTs) sold here, a dealer get an extra Ferrari alloted to them. Considering Ferraris sell at from 50-100k or more over sticker price a dealer knows that they can sell the Maseratis at a discount, maybe break even, just to get that extra Ferrari. Until Ferrari discontinues this practice, which I hope happens with the Quattroporte success the depressed prices will continue. As long as the new cars are selling for 10-15k under sticker the used ones of course will be pushed down as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I dont know if everybody realizes one of the major reasons that prices of Spyders and GT's are sooo depressed. When I purchased my car in June I received a 14.5% discount off sticker. When I was discussing this with the finance manager he told me the reason why. Ferrari is trying soo hard to make Maserati successful in America they are offering a specific deal to its dealers. For every 3 or 4 Maseratis (spyders and GTs) sold here, a dealer get an extra Ferrari alloted to them. Considering Ferraris sell at from 50-100k or more over sticker price a dealer knows that they can sell the Maseratis at a discount, maybe break even, just to get that extra Ferrari. Until Ferrari discontinues this practice, which I hope happens with the Quattroporte success the depressed prices will continue. As long as the new cars are selling for 10-15k under sticker the used ones of course will be pushed down as well.
Very interesting information, 16 years, later as I bought exactly the same Maserati you have - 2004 Cambriocorsa Spyder. However, I bought mine from a dealer that sold Porsches and Mercedes - no Ferrari! So, in retrospect, I was in a seller's market and paid full sticker........oh well. I only saw a half dozen around Dallas for 5 or 6 years and now, since 2010, I haven't seen another in ages.........could be there are in storage, like mine. With a total of 20K miles, it's a nice Spring or Fall Sunday driver, but it is fun.........after all these years!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts